Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Charles Hurt dies

Featured Replies

Former U.K star dies at age of 55 after a battle with cancer. Really hate to hear this. Always liked Charles.

Hate to hear this, he was way too young. It does really make me feel old though as I keep seeing that goal tend over and over in my mind. RIP Charles "Atlas" Hurt.

Sad. Just sad.

Hate to hear this, he was way too young. It does really make me feel old though as I keep seeing that goal tend over and over in my mind. RIP Charles "Atlas" Hurt.

 

I was there in Louisville. It happened right in front of me as I was sitting in that end on those doggone folding chairs. When he signed with UK I got over it a little. He was a great CAT. God Bless Charles' soul, his friends and family, BBN and Shelby County faithful.

I remember Highlands and Shelby County playing an early season game at Highlands when he was a senior. Highlands lost, but it was the most incredible game atmosphere I've ever experienced. Fantastic game. Well played on both sides of the ball.

I was there in Louisville. It happened right in front of me as I was sitting in that end on those doggone folding chairs. When he signed with UK I got over it a little. He was a great CAT. God Bless Charles' soul, his friends and family, BBN and Shelby County faithful.

 

CharlesHurttGoaltend-1978.JPG

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58139[/ATTACH]

 

That pic has been emblazoned in my memory for a long time. I do believe it was even put in the case with the trophy for a while. There's another pic of this that even shows a referee looking straight up at the basket and as I remember, he swallowed his whistle. I remember when Holmes faithful were walking in to get to their seats before the game started, I heard shouts of "go back to Ohio!"

 

EZ, were you there?

Hurt was the original Laettner to Holmes fans if my memory is correct. Didn't they throw a long pass that he caught at the foul line and turned and made a bucket to send it to OT?

Hurt was the original Laettner to Holmes fans if my memory is correct. Didn't they throw a long pass that he caught at the foul line and turned and made a bucket to send it to OT?

 

yup

 

If the violation is called, the bucket counts, I believe back then it was a "T" for touching rim/and or net on a shot so Bulldogs get the 2 shots and the ball. I think the story is that two refs say they did not see it but I've seen a picture that has one ref looking straight up at the play.

Edited by OlDog75

That pic has been emblazoned in my memory for a long time. I do believe it was even put in the case with the trophy for a while. There's another pic of this that even shows a referee looking straight up at the basket and as I remember, he swallowed his whistle. I remember when Holmes faithful were walking in to get to their seats before the game started, I heard shouts of "go back to Ohio!"

 

EZ, were you there?

 

I was indeed and can still see the winning shot in overtime bounce on the rim and drop through.

I was always a fan when he was at UK, much too young to pass.

He was a great young man. Served in the military and the last two years has been helping with the Shelby Co basketball team. He had a stem cell procedure and they thought it was working, but it didn't. God bless him and all that will miss him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.