Bath County 32 Bracken County 16 (JV)

It's infinitely easier to second guess when you didn't have to make the first decision.

Also. It's really easy to think you're an expert when you've never had to prove you actually are.

We played our best game at Mercer in my two seasons here this past Friday. The MAJORITY of our fans and parents are VERY supportive. Still.... my wife got into it with a fan after the game. Hearing rumblings our offense is too predictable, we are not playing the right kids, etc....... For whatever reason, some people are very comfortable criticizing a high school football coach. We know it goes with the job. But, still not crazy about it.

We played our best game at Mercer in my two seasons here this past Friday. The MAJORITY of our fans and parents are VERY supportive. Still.... my wife got into it with a fan after the game. Hearing rumblings our offense is too predictable, we are not playing the right kids, etc....... For whatever reason, some people are very comfortable criticizing a high school football coach. We know it goes with the job. But, still not crazy about it.

I bet that fan learned her lesson. I wouldn't cross Mrs. ChiefSmoke if my life depended on it!

I thought Bracken's JV looked very solid and played well. Bath County just had more speed and could pass the ball some. Both played physical as well on defense.

Had no idea a JV score post would stir up so much discussion.

Probably a positive sign that the program is on the rise. Fans starting to care. BGP threads starting to talk BC football!

Bracken County has had basketball for over 100 years. This is their I think 14th season of football. People are just now starting to realize how great KY football really is. You can't expect the fans to be all in after only having a football program for a very short time compared to other schools.

Their coach has put in 5 years of hard work and I think most of the coaches, students, fans, and players are starting see that hard work result in a competitive football team that they can get behind.

This year will be the best season in school history. I don't see them getting blown out in any games and being competitive with everyone they play; win or lose. It's a very exciting time for Polar Bears, let them enjoy it.

Halftime show had BC's band. Brought smiles to see two football players and one cheerleader participating. The drummer (starting halfback) could flat out play those drums. Coach Sizemore is to be congratulated in making this work for the boys and the band program.

Small school means kids gotta do multiple things :lol2:

Anyone related to the coach of any HS sport needs to sit in a special roped off area away from the general public. I've seen and heard of multiple attacks on family members of coaches by cousin's, sisters, brothers, mom's (there real bad), dads,grandmas and grandpa's. It's crazy to watch and very sad all at the same time.

Hard to do, but tell your wife to just walk away. I've thought I was sitting next to Jack Lamberts parents on several occasions only to have the parents point out the 5'9 156# dynamo at inside linebacker.

Anyone related to the coach of any HS sport needs to sit in a special roped off area away from the general public. I've seen and heard of multiple attacks on family members of coaches by cousin's, sisters, brothers, mom's (there real bad), dads,grandmas and grandpa's. It's crazy to watch and very sad all at the same time.

Hard to do, but tell your wife to just walk away. I've thought I was sitting next to Jack Lamberts parents on several occasions only to have the parents point out the 5'9 156# dynamo at inside linebacker.

I agree. My daughter is a senior cheerleader. When she graduates, my wife will sit away from the crowd like she did previously.

Congrats to Bracken and Coach Sizemore on the program they are building for the Polar Bears!

You have way more love in Harrodsburg than hate. Don't let the very small minority have any effect on what you are building. Fans get emotional during the games and don't speak rationally.