Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Regionals

Featured Replies

I don't see him listed on Ryle's frosh team, which actually consists of mostly 8th graders and not actual freshmen.

 

"Mostly 8th graders" making up the Ryle freshman team really surprises me. Ryle has over 1600 students in 9-12? A good program with a lot of club players, does anyone have any thoughts on why this program struggles to attract 60 boys out of a pool of around 800, from grades 9-12?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got the tourney link they can post?

 

Is there one for JV as well?

Anyone got the tourney link they can post?

 

Is there one for JV as well?

 

There is a link to both on the front page of Highlands Boys Soccer website:

 

Highlands Mens Soccer

"Mostly 8th graders" making up the Ryle freshman team really surprises me. Ryle has over 1600 students in 9-12? A good program with a lot of club players, does anyone have any thoughts on why this program struggles to attract 60 boys out of a pool of around 800, from grades 9-12?

 

I counted 18 eighth graders on a frosh roster of 25. I'm not sure why N. Ky teams don't just go back to a varsity/jv team only if the don't have the numbers.

I don't see him listed on Ryle's frosh team, which actually consists of mostly 8th graders and not actual freshmen.

I thought Coach Horton was the FROSH coach at Ryle, but the dudes in their FROSH team picture definitely aren't him. He no longer in the program?

I thought Coach Horton was the FROSH coach at Ryle, but the dudes in their FROSH team picture definitely aren't him. He no longer in the program?

 

He's out the last I heard.

  • Author
"Mostly 8th graders" making up the Ryle freshman team really surprises me. Ryle has over 1600 students in 9-12? A good program with a lot of club players, does anyone have any thoughts on why this program struggles to attract 60 boys out of a pool of around 800, from grades 9-12?

 

Just asking bc I don't know, how do they handle cuts? Do they cut Freshman that they feel have limited futures to keep 8th graders are at the same level? In that way it is an executive decision? Or is turn out that bad and they are forced to keep so many 8th graders bc the Frosh are forced to move up to fill vacancies due to low numbers in the upper clases?

I have to wonder why Ryle has players play both jv and Varsity. You would think they would be able to field 3 teams.

Just asking bc I don't know, how do they handle cuts? Do they cut Freshman that they feel have limited futures to keep 8th graders are at the same level? In that way it is an executive decision? Or is turn out that bad and they are forced to keep so many 8th graders bc the Frosh are forced to move up to fill vacancies due to low numbers in the upper clases?

 

 

Don't get me started....for years I have always said that if one Freshman is cut, then no 8 th or lower graders should be kept. You cut an actual "high school student" of that school and keep a "non student" of that high school......not saying they are doing this, but if any school is, then.......

 

Ps.....if no students are cut and middle schoolers make the team, then everyone competes for playing time. Better middle schoolers play over high schoolers if they make the team, AND no one was cut........

 

In my opinion....and if you don't agree, well you are wrong..........bless your heart.

Look at all three ryle rosters, only 8 total freshman in the entire program. Per a former parent they would have had no freshman team this year without 8 th graders. This parent has said The school board has a policy they can only use middle schoolers if they don't have enough freshman to fill team. Not allowed to cut freshman. Have spoke to two coaches at rival schools who stated there freshman class was way less this year also, think. It must just be a down year

  • Author
Look at all three ryle rosters, only 8 total freshman in the entire program. Per a former parent they would have had no freshman team this year without 8 th graders. This parent has said The school board has a policy they can only use middle schoolers if they don't have enough freshman to fill team. Not allowed to cut freshman. Have spoke to two coaches at rival schools who stated there freshman class was way less this year also, think. It must just be a down year

 

From the teams that I have seen play, I'd say that last year's Freshman teams were better overall in NKY. Additionally, Trinity's group was better last year. What I bolded makes a lot of sense.

With the change to birth year registration in select soccer there are more conflicts now between club and freshman soccer. Previously it was mainly the 8th graders who had conflicts, but now many 9th graders have conflicts with club soccer in the fall as well. It is especially difficult if there's a conflict over fresham regionals weekend.

From the teams that I have seen play, I'd say that last year's Freshman teams were better overall in NKY. Additionally, Trinity's group was better last year. What I bolded makes a lot of sense.

 

Might be a down year; might be players choosing to play only club in the fall; maybe a little of both. I'd be curious how many on the top '02 and '03 club teams are playing high school soccer. Anyone have info/insight?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.