Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freshman Regionals

Featured Replies

Northern Kentucky Frosh Regional is this weekend. Who are some players and teams to look out for? Highlands is the team that I am most familiar with. They have an incredible goalie who is stuck in a logjam of talented goalies ahead of him. Nick Fischer is a name to look out for. As a team they have 1 loss, that being to Trinity who was playing their JV level Freshman at the Town and Country Freshman Showcase. Highlands beat Trinity the Saturday before 1-0 on an own goal with about 30 seconds to go.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCH has Strange, Jordahl and Stegman up front that have been playing well. Defense is big, but speed on defense could be a weakness. Winner will need to pay three games on Saturday, depth will win this.

Keep in mind that CCH has three frosh playing JV but other schools probably do as well. As is always the case, they will not bring these frosh down to play the freshman regional and rightly so. I think the game today between Highlands/CCH frosh should be a good indicator of how these teams will fare in the tournament.

  • Author
CCH has Strange, Jordahl and Stegman up front that have been playing well. Defense is big, but speed on defense could be a weakness. Winner will need to pay three games on Saturday, depth will win this.

 

This is interesting. Highlands has been playing a 4-3-3 and the one thing that their first 11 has is a ton of speed. They are much faster than last year's Frosh. They are not as deep and that tends to hurt them. Ferris, Hayes, and Foubert make a very strong attacking trident so to speak. Foubert is very technical. Hayes is an athlete learning to play soccer, and Ferris is an extremely talented 8th grader. Behind them you have Gates and Orem. Highlands does add a wrinkle when Stevie carries the ball out of the back, but he does it too often and is sometimes caught out of position. Today will definitely set some form of expectation for this weekend. If Highlands wins the Regional, they earned it. I'm predicting they'd have to go through HC, NewCath, CovCath, and Ryle. That's an extremely tall order.

  • Author
Keep in mind that CCH has three frosh playing JV but other schools probably do as well. As is always the case, they will not bring these frosh down to play the freshman regional and rightly so. I think the game today between Highlands/CCH frosh should be a good indicator of how these teams will fare in the tournament.

 

Highlands has 2 Freshman on JV that will not be added to the tournament roster, as far as I know.

CCH played St. X Ohio last night and lost 4-0. St. X had some good speed that did a couple of breakaways. CCH has a big team, like 24 players. Coach has been doing a good job of getting everyone some playing time. We will see how their legs are tonight. Looking forward to the game.

Are there any official rules about who is allowed to play in the freshman regional or is it up to the individual schools to set there own policies? We played a team this past weekend who had a kid playing that played most of both the freshman and JV games. I also heard he gets varsity minutes. I was told he has varsity goals but cannot confirm. If numbers on the freshman level make it necessary for him to play I could understand, but I think they had 16 or 17 players. We get them again first round of freshman regional so at least we are now prepared for what to expect. He was a really nice player. If it was my kid I wouldn't want to risk injury playing in three games in one day.

No rules , if your a freshman your eligible. This thread will probably get taken over on how teams bring their jv players down to play in the freshman tournament.

  • Author

CovCath takes it tonight 2 to 1. I was impressed by #2 for the Colonrls

It is a "freshman "tournament, so all Freshman are eligible.......unlike the JV tourney where teams bring down varsity players that play significant minutes....

There it is. I knew that rabbit hole was around here somewhere.

I'm not sure that anybody other than the frosh really care who wins the frosh tournament as all teams play it differently. Does anyone remember who won it last year and if so, how good is their varsity team this year? Does it translate?

I'm not sure that anybody other than the frosh really care who wins the frosh tournament as all teams play it differently. Does anyone remember who won it last year and if so, how good is their varsity team this year? Does it translate?

I don't. But I know they cheated and should be ashamed. Sorry I think I was channeling the spirits of discussions past. ?

  • Author

Brossart won. Unfortunately for the Stangs, that team makes up the bulk of their Varsity now. We will see how they turn out over the next couple of seasons.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.