General NFL Thoughts From Week 1

Obviously still two games to go, but some general thoughts from week1:

- If yesterday was any indication, this season is going to be full of highly entertaining intense finishes. Only 1 of the 14 games yesterday had a double-digit margin of victory (Sorry Browns fans).

- The Giants are going to have a lethal passing game if Cruz can stay on the field. The trio of him, OBJ, and Shepherd is going to be tough to handle.

- Jacksonville is very close to being a legit contender in the AFC South.

- Oakland may be the best team in the AFC West.

- Poor Drew Brees needs a defense. :lol2:

- The Seahawks were very lucky to escape week 1 with a win. Looked awful. Now Wilson may miss next week's game in LA.

- The league has officially become a WR-dominated league. Only one rusher, Lamar Miller (106 yards), went for over 100 yesterday.

- Larry Fitzgerald refuses to age. Dude is still delivering the goods.

- Did AJ Green permanently shut down Revis Island?

- Impressive days for both rookie QBs in Wentz and Dak.

- Jameis Winston is a star. Bucs may end up being the league's surprise team.

UK, I wanted to ask you what you thought about Edellman's act last night when he ranout of bounds and lowered his shoulder into the old ball guy on the sidelines. He buried the poor old guy and was really surprised there hasn't been much if anything said about it. I thought it was a punk move myself, don't understand what he was thinking.

If I'm being honest, I think the reason we haven't heard anything about it, is you saw something that wasn't there.

As soon as he hit him, he looked over to see if the guy was alright. It didn't look intentional in any way, shape, or form IMO.

I ignored the comment about it in the game thread because we aren't going to agree on it. You'll think I'm biased because I didn't see anything wrong with it, and you've already made your feelings about Edelman known as you think he's classless.

I'd imagine others would be a better judge of the play, but I'll be surprised if most don't agree with me on it. :idunno:

I will give you this; Edelman is the type of guy that is easy to dislike if he's not on your side. He's a hard-nosed player that NEVER stops talking. Can definitely see why others don't like him.

If I'm being honest, I think the reason we haven't heard anything about it, is you saw something that wasn't there.

As soon as he hit him, he looked over to see if the guy was alright. It didn't look intentional in any way, shape, or form IMO.

I ignored the comment about it in the game thread because we aren't going to agree on it. You'll think I'm biased because I didn't see anything wrong with it, and you've already made your feelings about Edelman known as you think he's classless.

I'd imagine others would be a better judge of the play, but I'll be surprised if most don't agree with me on it. :idunno:

I will give you this; Edelman is the type of guy that is easy to dislike if he's not on your side. He's a hard-nosed player that NEVER stops talking. Can definitely see why others don't like him.

the only thing that I thought was questionable was the replay they showed on the block he threw on the screen. The "Hines Ward" block. I wonder if that one will get any play? It seems the officials didn't see it. I thought it was close. Maybe not.

the only thing that I thought was questionable was the replay they showed on the block he threw on the screen. The "Hines Ward" block. I wonder if that one will get any play? It seems the officials didn't see it. I thought it was close. Maybe not.

I noticed that on the replay as well.

Didn't see anything wrong with the play HB is referring to.

Well I thought after reading your post that I may have beenthe only one and maybe I was looking into something more than was actually there. So I did a quick search and someone had it already posted on youtube.

I don't think it was "nothing" It looked like he clearly lowered his shoulder into the poor guy and made no attempt to avoid it, and what made it worse is he just stared at the old man and walked away.

I see nothing wrong with it. He didn't have an opportunity to stop or change directions without possibly hurting himself. To me the looking back was to see how the guy was, not anything else. That stuff happens so fast and those dang sidelines can be hazardous.

He could have went helmet to noggin. I think dropping the shoulder was the better option.

I think trying to stop without using the old guy as a wall would have been the best option or at least wrap the guy up and keep him from getting knocked down like most would have done. But that's just me. Just think lowering shoulder was the 2nd worst thing he could have done, lowering helmet into him would have been worse lol.