Cameron Racke commits to Wofford

Fire Inside

Love seeing our own going to Wofford. Big time academics. Big time FCS football & in a state that is as talent rich as any in the deep south, yet they recruit our state like crazy. Head Coach Mike Ayers and Defensive Coordnitor Nathan Fuqua know the hidden talent in this state. Coach Fuqua was recruited and signed with Wofford in '99 out of Danville, and he's been there ever since (former 1-AA two time All-American on the DL). Spartanburg, SC is a heck of an area.

Congrats young man.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I hope he is open minded about playing other than QB. Completely capable of being Woffords QB, but the kid is an athlete. He could have an impact all over the field.

Agreed! Great athlete.

I hope he is open minded about playing other than QB. Completely capable of being Woffords QB, but the kid is an athlete. He could have an impact all over the field.

Cam's read option ability is perfect for Wofford's option style offense. They only throw about 10 times a game. I would be shocked if he is moved from QB. His ability to read run or pitch will be a strong suit for him.

He will do fine playing qb at Wofford one qb is 6'0 205 Sr., another qb is 5'11 177 So. and Racke is 6'0 205. Racke is great at the fake hand offs and the pitches plus his football IQ he will fit in well there.