Best Quarterback in Western Kentucky

Guest BluegrassQB

Adam Bouchard the senior Quarterback at Daviess County should be on this list.

The kid is a good athlete and plays the Position better than most high school quarterback.

Bouchard has a strong arm and see’s the whole field.

Bouchard is the guy, to me, who would be producing like crazy at a different school.If he was at O Cath? wow
I think Mr. Bouchard is a fine young man, but I don't really see him on this list. Maybe he could overtake the last 2 guys on my list. I base most of this on the 2015 season, when he had a decent Oline and good skill guys around and they beat OCath in OT, but then really laid an egg against an average Henderson County and North Hardin teams. He was 128-237 or 54% with 2,100 yards; 29 TDs and 10 INTs on the season. Not bad #s , but not in my Top 10. In 2 games this season (Allen County Scottsville & OCATH, I am not counting a 6A school playing a bottom tier 4A school - Warren East - my prerogative) he is 33-54 for 353 yards 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Again good, but not in my Top 10. We can agree to disagree on this one.

A kid that will get no recognition is Hunter Combs from Muhlenberg. He is absolutely one of the best players in WKY. His stats and ability speak for themselves. You can argue he is a rb playing qb but his passing and rushing ability is outstanding. Great player to watch on friday nights.

A kid that will get no recognition is Hunter Combs from Muhlenberg. He is absolutely one of the best players in WKY. His stats and ability speak for themselves. You can argue he is a rb playing qb but his passing and rushing ability is outstanding. Great player to watch on friday nights.

Kid has 7tds and 0 interceptions on the year. That's pretty good for a rb.

The lists that are made are pretty good. We cover the 3rd region area and Rex Henderson deserves the praise. He puts up insane numbers from week to week. I do, however, look back at the game against Owensboro Catholic last year and question the competition level just a little. If were looking to nit pick the kid, I would look to that game again this year as a good measuring stick for him. Everyone is afforded an off game every once in a while and he did had a solid effort at Mayfield in the playoffs.

Bouchard is a kid that has a TON of potential. He has the size and ability to play some college if he wishes. I know he has some D1 potential in track as well. He needs to be more consistent to be thought of in the upper class of QB's but I do see the potential.

Will Warren is a kid that is going to be at or near the top of this list by his senior season. He has great size and you can already see the smarts he has. Its going to be fun to watch him grow at Catholic.

A kid that no one is talking about, but should be, is Heath Simmons at Ohio County. I know Ohio County isn't very good, but this kid has all the tools to be a player on Saturdays. He has size, athletic ability to move around in the pocket and an arm to make throws down the field. Unfortunately for Heath, the talent around him is a little down and he isn't getting as noticed as he should. He's just a junior, so he still has some room to grow.

More and more college coaches are looking for the following in a QB:

1.) winner/leader

2.) decision making/ball security

3.) accuracy

Arm strength is the most overrated quality for a D1 college QB. Saw a video from FSU HC Jimbo Fisher and he really made a point to back this up. As has Darrin Hinshaw QB Coach at UK and Shannon Dawson at S Miss.

Just adding my 2 cents.