Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Death Penalty Deserved in this Case?

Featured Replies

I don't disagree about there needing to be consequences. Seems like we just differ on what the consequences are/should be.

 

It would save us a lot of money. Death penalty is such a hot topic on both sides for various reasons. We will likely never see the resolve I'd vote for

 

I get what you're saying though. I truly value LIFE, I just feel theirs a tipping point.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So put the bottle down and quit looking for petty arguments. Also get out and vote.

 

Not a problem. Haven't missed an election in my life.

 

And I'm not looking for petty arguments. I'm trying to understand.

 

I think a lot of the laws currently on the books are unjust or wrong, the death penalty is just one of them. Just because someone knows the consequences of breaking a law doesn't make the underlying law right not does it make right the laws setting punishment for those transgressions.

Not a problem. Haven't missed an election in my life.

 

And I'm not looking for petty arguments. I'm trying to understand.

 

I think a lot of the laws currently on the books are unjust or wrong, the death penalty is just one of them. Just because someone knows the consequences of breaking a law doesn't make the underlying law right not does it make right the laws setting punishment for those transgressions.

 

 

The death penalty isn't a law. It's a consequence/punishment of breaking a law.

 

Like if you drug, saudimize, murder and then dismember a 10 year old. You may get the death penalty as a consequence of those actions.

 

I'm curious. What do you feel the punishment should be for said crimes?

The death penalty isn't a law. It's a consequence/punishment of breaking a law.

 

Like if you drug, saudimize, murder and then dismember a 10 year old. You may get the death penalty as a consequence of those actions.

 

I'm curious. What do you feel the punishment should be for said crimes?

 

Of course the death penalty is a law. All crimes are classified by statute and other statutes outline the punishments for violations within those classifications.

 

In Kentucky, we have KRS 532.030:

 

"When a person is convicted of a capital offense, he shall have his punishment fixed at death, or at a term of imprisonment for life without benefit of probation or parole, or at a term of imprisonment for life without benefit of probation or parole until he has served a minimum of twenty-five (25) years of his sentence, or to a sentence of life, or to a term of not less than twenty (20) years nor more than fifty (50) years."

 

As for my own judgment on such a crime, I'd have no problem handing down a life sentence. It ought to be the most terrible thing society can do to someone. I do not -- and will never -- believe the death penalty has any place in a civilized society.

Wouldn't be mad if they got injected with some acid and then slowly die from the inside out. Sounds good to me and don't care if anyone disagrees.

IMO the death penalty is appropriate in this case (based on the evidence we know about)

 

I hate the process of the death penalty. But not the penalty itself.

 

There are some people in this world that do not deserve to live.

I'm saying it's my belief that we don't have the right or authority to decide when another life ends. It's my personal view that only God should make that decision.

 

Same view on abortion?

Same view on abortion?

 

Yep. Although in situations when facing the impossible choice of either the mother or child surviving, I don't fault anyone for however they decide.

Yep. Although in situations when facing the impossible choice of either the mother or child surviving, I don't fault anyone for however they decide.

 

I agree with you on your view of not murdering babies as well. In the case above you will still be saving a life.

Babies have done no wrong. In the situation of this thread, the 2 chose to do something very wrong and the punishment should fit the crime. I'm OK with the death penalty for this situation.

I'm OK with the death penalty for this situation.

 

And I get that thought process. I'm just not comfortable with it.

If that was my daughter, I'd make it my life's mission to end those involved. And if successful, I'd be willing to face the consequences, just or unjust.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.