Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky high school softball in 2017?

Featured Replies

I think if this softball thing ends up boring you....you are great at changing the narrative to fit your argument!!! :ohbrother: :up: :) :wave:

 

Huh? Thought we were talking about small schools competing...or really St Henry competing. I say they have competed very well and you say they haven't. I say competing does not equal winning. You gave me stats about how you haven't competed. I say you've competed better than half the teams in your region and there are several teams that have never made it or even won a game in the region. And there are several teams that have never won the region. That doesn't make them "not competitive" in our region. It means that several are in the exact same boat as you. The region was dominated by a few teams for a long time. Your argument about the stats and what you've won and haven't applies to the majority of the teams in the 9th region! And some of them are big schools that haven't won. So saying that you haven't been able to compete in the region is silly. You are consistently one of the top 8 teams left still playing in the region when the tournament starts and if I'm not mistaken, you've won the district a few years to get 1 seeds. That's competing to me. You destroyed HHS last year and we were beaten in the finals of the region last year. You also lost to us 3-1 this year on two outstanding catches in the gap and a runner thrown out at home and we won the region. You do compete, you just haven't won or made a really deep run yet.

Edited by Randy Parker

  • Replies 100
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I will make sure you two are on separate sides of the room at the upcoming Coaches Association meeting. :lol2:

 

It's just tough love! What else are we supposed to do in the off season???

It's just tough love! What else are we supposed to do in the off season???

 

Talk about the All "A"? :lol:

I still want an All "A" T-shirt

I still want an All "A" T-shirt

 

Do you need something to start your bonfires with this fall season??

 

 

 

JUST KIDDING all you "All A lovers!"

But I hear ya! The struggle is real for us smaller schools, especially the public schools. I'm not sure how we compete. Look at these numbers!

 

St H vs HHS - HHS plus 210 girls

 

HHS vs Ryle - Ryle plus 407 girls

HHS vs SK - SK plus 349 girls

HHS vs Camp Co - CC plus 280 girls

HHS vs Boone - Boone plus 185 girls

HHS vs Dixie - Dixie plus 166 girls

HHS vs Conner - Conner plus 148 girls

HHS vs Cooper - Cooper plus 108 girls

HHS vs ND - ND plus 90 girls

 

Yes RC 9 but you are not small, your conferance, Highlands 498, Scoot 451, Homes 401, Lloyd 279, St Henery 288, Newport 215, Beechwood 211, Holy Cross 174 New cath 151 Brossard 130, also in your district you are three times there size.

Yes RC 9 but you are not small, your conferance, Highlands 498, Scoot 451, Homes 401, Lloyd 279, St Henery 288, Newport 215, Beechwood 211, Holy Cross 174 New cath 151 Brossard 130, also in your district you are three times there size.

 

First, the school size comparison using "us small schools" was a little sarcasm. But my point was, HHS has enrollment challenges to overcome with schools as well. It's not like HHS is big either. There are schools in the region that are double our size OR have the same enrollment difference as HHS has over SH. My point, we all have challenges to overcome. You work hard and deal with the hand you're dealt. Again, no one forced you to play or coach at that school. You knew what it was when you went there. Just like I knew HHS wasn't a big school and was considered a "gimme" game to all other regional teams when I went there. Teams viewed us as a bye on their schedule most years. But I still accepted the job! But thank goodness the current girls didn't buy into that and don't any longer. I don't care how big the school is we play (and we've played some enormous schools from Oh and Ky), I would never say I couldn't compete or use enrollment as an excuse. When we cross the lines, its us against you. Not us and a bunch of conditions as to why we shouldn't compete against you.

 

And FYI...I have zero control over how the district aligns. If it were my choice, I wouldn't be in the district or the conference. Heck, I begged our AD to take us out of the conference! I think everyone knows how I schedule by now.

Edited by RCC9

I always had trouble spelling Lloyd...............:thumb:

BTW, thought I would revive this thread as you all do realize that Holy Cross High School in Louisville has fewer than 120 girls in the school, yet somehow went to the state tournament last year and won the All A? Just saying they seemed to get past the issues with numbers and do very well.

 

So what is the difference between their situation and your school's situation? I don't know and am curious.

Edited by RocketsDad
Corrections

498 That is HUGE!!!:isurrender: Sorry forgive me I couldn't help myself LOL

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.