Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky high school softball in 2017?

Featured Replies

And we are small schools....just think of what we could do with that extra week and the extra numbers that those BIG schools have ;)

 

Mortification or just the conversion to full calendar weeks instead of starting and ending mid week?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we are small schools....just think of what we could do with that extra week and the extra numbers that those BIG schools have ;)

 

Just think what some of those "bigger" schools could do if they could get kids from all over the county consistently.

Just think what some of those "bigger" schools could do if they could get kids from all over the county consistently.

 

You already got one from Grant Co..............all wait she's a basketball player. LOL

 

You put that one on a tee for me. LOL

You already got one from Grant Co..............all wait she's a basketball player. LOL

 

You put that one on a tee for me. LOL

 

:sssh:

Just think what some of those "bigger" schools could do if they could get kids from all over the county consistently.

 

Seriously? I don't know about all the "bigger" schools but I know there are a few non All A schools that draw from all of NKY...not just Ft Thomas.

Seriously? I don't know about all the "bigger" schools but I know there are a few non All A schools that draw from all of NKY...not just Ft Thomas.

 

Oh really? Out of 44 kids in that program last year, I believe 5 of them lived outside of Ft Thomas and I believe that 3 of them live in Southgate, that doesn't have a high school and is basically a feeder to HHS. That comes to about 10% of the program. And if you don't count the Southgate kids, it's about 4%. What's the percent of kids that live outside of Erlanger on the team you support?

 

It's comical in this day and age that people still think HHS sports survive off of out of city talent.

Oh really? Out of 44 kids in that program last year, I believe 5 of them lived outside of Ft Thomas and I believe that 3 of them live in Southgate, that doesn't have a high school and is basically a feeder to HHS. That comes to about 10% of the program. And if you don't count the Southgate kids, it's about 4%. What's the percent of kids that live outside of Erlanger on the team you support?

 

It's comical in this day and age that people still think HHS sports survive off of out of city talent.

 

Never said anything about surviving. Just don't portray this image of "we only have Ft Thomas kids in our programs". Just not the truth.

 

We have no borders. We have kids from every area in NKY...well except Ft Thomas ;)

Seriously? I don't know about all the "bigger" schools but I know there are a few non All A schools that draw from all of NKY...not just Ft Thomas.

 

But I hear ya! The struggle is real for us smaller schools, especially the public schools. I'm not sure how we compete. Look at these numbers!

 

St H vs HHS - HHS plus 210 girls

 

HHS vs Ryle - Ryle plus 407 girls

HHS vs SK - SK plus 349 girls

HHS vs Camp Co - CC plus 280 girls

HHS vs Boone - Boone plus 185 girls

HHS vs Dixie - Dixie plus 166 girls

HHS vs Conner - Conner plus 148 girls

HHS vs Cooper - Cooper plus 108 girls

HHS vs ND - ND plus 90 girls

Plus the communist sport (soccer), is getting it's teeth in girls at the kindergarten level. Anybody can kick a ball, but the better one's can hit it. :lol2:

 

Have you ever tried to play soccer, its not as easy as you think.

Never said anything about surviving. Just don't portray this image of "we only have Ft Thomas kids in our programs". Just not the truth.

 

We have no borders. We have kids from every area in NKY...well except Ft Thomas ;)

 

Not once did I say we don't have kids outside of Ft Thomas. But to play the "were a small school stuggles" card when you're a private school, pulling middle class kids from all over isn't really justified. NCC, HC and SH are not Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow and Newport. Those are struggles to compete with bigger schools.

 

If I'm not mistaken, the kids that go to those schools made a choice to go to those small schools. Most of them probably live in a big school district! You don't have a lot of kids because it cost a large amount of money to go there. And there's a reason those small private schools can compete on a higher level, because they get the kids than can! They are not on the small school level when it comes to athletes. Your choice of 200 girls is most likely better than, let's say Newport's, which is probably a comparable size.

 

HC, NCC and St H are very good schools with very good programs in every sport. There is a reason for that. You can't want to be a good program and then cry "small school". The numbers you have to overcome to play let's say a HHS, Scott or Holmes are really no different than HHS having to play a Ryle, SK or CC.

 

Your comment was "if you had the numbers". There's a reason you don't have the numbers, there's a reason you chose to coach there and send your kids there. Its a great school and great program where numbers really don't mean much.

I was being sarcastic about the extra week tacked on to the dead period. I knew it wouldn't take much to get you going. Sorry I should've used the sarcasm emoji.

 

I disagree with you on the fact that these smaller schools are competing at a high level. Since 1999 (recorded history on khsaa.org) NO ALL A school has reached the finals of the 9th region. And only 6 times has an ALL A school reached the final 4 of the 9th region. Is that competing? Big schools rule.

 

Im not complaining. We know what we are up against. Great challenge. We want to be the first All A team from the 9th Region to go to Owensboro. We have no intention of leaving St Henry...at least not for the next 4 years ;)

I was being sarcastic about the extra week tacked on to the dead period. I knew it wouldn't take much to get you going. Sorry I should've used the sarcasm emoji.

 

I disagree with you on the fact that these smaller schools are competing at a high level. Since 1999 (recorded history on khsaa.org) NO ALL A school has reached the finals of the 9th region. And only 6 times has an ALL A school reached the final 4 of the 9th region. Is that competing? Big schools rule.

 

Im not complaining. We know what we are up against. Great challenge. We want to be the first All A team from the 9th Region to go to Owensboro. We have no intention of leaving St Henry...at least not for the next 4 years ;)

 

I was using competing as a generic term for all sports, not necessarily just softball.

 

But since you mentioned it! LOL Since 99, how many different teams have won the 9th region? I believe most were named Ryle and Conner. Heck, until 4 years ago, HHS had never even won a 9th region tournament game! They were everyone's homecoming game!

 

My point, outside of Ryle, Conner and now recently ND and HHS, no one has been "competitive" (by your definition) for the 9th region title. Some small schools have never even made an appearance in the region tournament! The fact that you consistently make it to the region tournament alone is competing. Competing isn't winning. In my opinion, if you can compete with 51% of the schools in your area, you are competing. Winning is different. But winning should not be easy! To your point, since 99, I think only 5 teams have won our 20+ team region. And two of those teams just won in the last 4 years.

I think if this softball thing ends up boring you....you are great at changing the narrative to fit your argument!!! :ohbrother: :up: :) :wave:

Edited by Randy Parker
Political post

Have you ever tried to play soccer, its not as easy as you think.

 

Back in the day I could kick a ball with the best of them. :lol2:

 

.....but to answer your question, no. Back in my HS days this wasn't even offered as a sport.

I was using competing as a generic term for all sports, not necessarily just softball.

 

But since you mentioned it! LOL Since 99, how many different teams have won the 9th region? I believe most were named Ryle and Conner. Heck, until 4 years ago, HHS had never even won a 9th region tournament game! They were everyone's homecoming game!

 

My point, outside of Ryle, Conner and now recently ND and HHS, no one has been "competitive" (by your definition) for the 9th region title. Some small schools have never even made an appearance in the region tournament! The fact that you consistently make it to the region tournament alone is competing. Competing isn't winning. In my opinion, if you can compete with 51% of the schools in your area, you are competing. Winning is different. But winning should not be easy! To your point, since 99, I think only 5 teams have won our 20+ team region. And two of those teams just won in the last 4 years.

 

I think if this softball thing ends up boring you....you have a future on Hillary's campaign. You are great at changing the narrative to fit your argument!!! :ohbrother: :up: :) :wave:

 

If you two don't stop this is going to make reading the Soccer threads less entertaining. :lol2:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.