Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky high school softball in 2017?

Featured Replies

The Stealers (Crawford team) have played the Stunners, the Sluggers, Ohio Hawks, Cincy Static, OFC Heat, BG Force, Firecrackers etc... All of those teams are at that level. Most of those games have been a split and usually a 1-2 run game. Ohio has several well established and very strong programs. I know the Stealers intent was to be that option in NKY. That team in particular has most definitely proved that and that they can play at that level.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badger I hope you were kidding with some of the teams you named. One team is a C level team and two other are B level teams. What age group is the Crawford team? I tried to find this team in ASA Nationals or PGF and I couldn't find them.

The Stealers (Crawford team) have played the Stunners, the Sluggers, Ohio Hawks, Cincy Static, OFC Heat, BG Force, Firecrackers etc... All of those teams are at that level. Most of those games have been a split and usually a 1-2 run game. Ohio has several well established and very strong programs. I know the Stealers intent was to be that option in NKY. That team in particular has most definitely proved that and that they can play at that level.

 

Okay. I am as honest as they come on here. Some love it and some hate it. And keep in mind I REALLY like the Stealers team, their parents and their coach is a great friend of mine! I think they have a really nice team and I follow them from afar! Lol!

 

But what I know of the Stealers and their tournament schedule is they play what I would call a B schedule. They are very competitive at that level. There is a whole other level of teams out there that I don't think they are seeing consistently. I know they play teams from some of the orgs mentioned, but I would question if they are seeing the A/Gold teams from those orgs in the tournaments they are playing in. Several of those orgs have multiple teams at the same age group. And playing those teams in an A tournament where you are playing A teams in every game is different than seeing them occasionally.

 

I'm not trying to drill anyone or hurt feelings. I have been saying this to their coach for two years, so I would say the same thing if I was standing right in front of any of them. I try to encourage every to play at the highest level. It's the only way to really measure yourself. I would love to see them bump up and play in the A tournaments. The problem with that is that several of those tournaments are invite only. And if you aren't playing on the top teams of some of those established orgs, it can be extremely hard to get invited.

 

The Stealers have a really nice team, but I don't think I would place them on the same level as the gold teams from those orgs mentioned.

You have to travel to see consistent A competition. And name only tells so much. I've seen a couple of Sluggers teams the past couple years that tarnish the name and aren't in the same zip code as the team at the top of that organization.

You have to travel to see consistent A competition. And name only tells so much. I've seen a couple of Sluggers teams the past couple years that tarnish the name and aren't in the same zip code as the team at the top of that organization.

 

^^^^THIS times a thousand!^^^^

 

Putting a name next to a group of kids does not make them better. Might get them into tournaments that other teams can't get into, but probably the two best players on that 14U Sluggers team this year that finished 7th in SD played for another travel organization as 12U in 2014 and 14U in 2015, the River City Outlaws (where they weren't the two best players mind you), and beat those Sluggers teams and Stunners teams left and right, and yes, the Sluggers and Stunners top teams. Those two Outlaws teams also won World Series titles in Panama City USFA. Could those teams have been lower level? No idea, but they played all of those teams you mentioned and either beat them, split games or lost 1 run games.

 

As the players get older, it surely gets better and weeded out and you have to get to those PGF and National Showcase tournaments but at 10U and 12U and even 14U, I don't agree at all.

Rocketsdad, I'm not sure where to even begin with all these misleading statements. First the 2 Outlaw teams won C tournaments in Panama City. The 2 best players probably on the Sluggers team as you say didn't even play all the tournaments this summer. Neither was in Colorado because of the dead period. One of them played half the time in Nationals because of a shoulder injury. No disrespect to those players because they're very good, but I can name 6 or 7 girls on that team that play better. In my opinion those 2 girls were the best players on the Outlaws and they probably left because they wanted to play real quality teams ever weekend. I've seen alot of tournaments and I've never seen the Outlaws beat a Slugger or Stunner team, but I have seen them get run ruled by them.

I don't care what level or organization kids are playing, as long as they're playing. It makes them better high school players, and makes HS coaching so much easier to a degree.

Rocketsdad, I'm not sure where to even begin with all these misleading statements. First the 2 Outlaw teams won C tournaments in Panama City. The 2 best players probably on the Sluggers team as you say didn't even play all the tournaments this summer. Neither was in Colorado because of the dead period. One of them played half the time in Nationals because of a shoulder injury. No disrespect to those players because they're very good, but I can name 6 or 7 girls on that team that play better. In my opinion those 2 girls were the best players on the Outlaws and they probably left because they wanted to play real quality teams ever weekend. I've seen alot of tournaments and I've never seen the Outlaws beat a Slugger or Stunner team, but I have seen them get run ruled by them.

 

That is simply not accurate. First, the Outlaws won last years 14B as a first year 14U team so not a C tournament. Second, one of those players led the Sluggers in hitting and homeruns in SD and according to 3 different parents there played flawlessly in the field. You are entitled to your opinion but the actual statistics don't support the comments.

 

The Outlaws team referenced from 2014 and 2015 were never run ruled by any Sluggers or Stunners team. They did lose 3 games to that 00 Stunners team that is a really nice group, 9-3, 5-3 and 3-2 (in extra innings). They also split with the 01 Sluggers in 4 games as I said. Those are the facts so suggesting that they were outclassed is silly.

 

My point was very simply that at the lower level, I don't think it matters as much but as they get older, I believe they have to travel more to get exposure to better teams. That is not a knock on any organization, kid or coach. In fact, it means that the Sluggers and Stunners get better and get kids more exposure as they get older. That's a compliment, not a criticism.

Oh and those two players were two of the best players on the Outlaws if not the best (I didn't mean to suggest that they were not two top players), but they are arguably two of the best players on the Sluggers as well. You certainly are entitled to your opinion, and I know that Sluggers team for sure has other great players, maybe 6 or 7 are as good or better than those two. I don't believe that to be the case, but you're entitled to your opinion on them. My point is that putting a uniform on doesn't make you a great player. Regardless, that 14U Sluggers team was a great team, had a great showing in SD and represented our state very well.

That Outlaws team always gave our Stunners 00 fits. We were fortunate to beat them. They were like a bunch of junkyard dogs. Brad did a great job with them. Had a bunch of good players on his team. You could put Stunners, Sluggers whatever on their jersey it doesn't matter because they could play with anybody.

I stand corrected, in 2014 Outlaws won a C tournament, 2015 won B tournament. But this I do know, those parents didn't see the actual statistics. Both those players are very good like a said, but the player you said lead the team in homeruns and hitting did lead the team with 2 homeruns at Nationals, but was 3rd OBP and 4th BA. Both girls played great defense. My comment about 6 or 7 girls better was based on the whole summer. I'm just going to leave it at that. I wish your daughters the best of luck this year.

I stand corrected, in 2014 Outlaws won a C tournament, 2015 won B tournament. But this I do know, those parents didn't see the actual statistics. Both those players are very good like a said, but the player you said lead the team in homeruns and hitting did lead the team with 2 homeruns at Nationals, but was 3rd OBP and 4th BA. Both girls played great defense. My comment about 6 or 7 girls better was based on the whole summer. I'm just going to leave it at that. I wish your daughters the best of luck this year.

 

That's fair enough, and I appreciate your comments about those "daughters/girls." However, I know who would have led your team this year on OBP, but that's your deal for missing that, and we're happy to have her on our team! Best of luck in the Fall and glad to see all of our teams representing!

Edited by RocketsDad

Far west Ky had another team at the Northern Nationals in Michigan that finished 4th. P-Town out of Princeton. It's also their high school team at Caldwell County.

No more than 4 HS team mates can play together correct ? Or am I thinking of an Ohio rule ?

Must be Ohio rule. Madisonville, Christian, Allen Co, Henderson, many others have always had more than that on a travel team together. I looked on the Facebook page for P-Town best I can tell it's 6 or 7 girls.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.