2016-17 High School Basketball

hi. I'm new to this website. Can anyone tell me who will be the top boys/girls basketball programs in each region? I joined this website because I wanted to know about high school basketball in the Bluegrass State. I have been working on to know where each high school is located. I hope to learn alot on here. I would like to attend some basketball games in Kentucky. I've read where Fairdale has a King of the Bluegrass Holiday Classic? Is this a nice one to attend. Are there others? Near Corbin or Henderson County? boys/girls? I would love to attend a tourney with lots of excitement . Any help would be so kind. Thanks for reading this. Have a great day everyone. Roy:wave:

Not sure if you mean geographic region, or basketball region.

Here are some of the better teams in the state by geographic region:

Western Ky:

Hopkinsville and Christian Co will probably be the top 2, and UHA has a couple really good players.

Not as Western Ky:

Bowling Green

Louisville:

Trinity

Ballard

Fern Creek

maybe Eastern and Doss?

Central Ky:

Scott Co

Lex. Dunbar

South Central

Pulaski Southwestern

Not sure about Eastern Ky.

As far as events go, maysvilleky nailed it.

The KOB in Louisville is the top showcase of Kentucky High School Basketball (with a little out of state flavor as well) and the Marshall Co Hoopfest (Western Ky) is great for national h.s. talent.

The All A Classic in Frankfort (central ky) featuring the best "Small School" from each region is usually a fun event. Of course most any postseason (District, Region, State) tournament is exciting.

Being extremely bored at work this morning, I have tried to come up with a list of 10 games/tournaments I would recommend to get a taste of high school basketball in Kentucky. The list is very arbitrary, very random, and I likely would come up with a different list tomorrow. But its my list, and here it is (in no particular order):

1. King of the Bluegrass tournament - always well run with high level of basketball.

2. Marshall County Hoopfest - big-time basketball at what I think is Kentucky's largest high school gym.

3. All A tournament - state tournament for the best of the smallest schools in Kentucky.

4. 6th and 7th Region semi-finals - both held at Valley High School in Louisville, the level of basketball is awesome.

5. Home game at Covington Catholic - the best high school basketball atmosphere in Kentucky.

6. The state tournament in Lexington - always produces exciting games.

7. Home game at Augusta - my favorite place to watch a high school basketball game in Kentucky.

8. Home game at Bowling Green - Bowling Green has it going right now and looks to be really good again this year.

9. Lexington Catholic holiday tournament - 16 teams playing each other over a few days. Always fun.

10. Home game at Cordia - I must admit, I am totally fascinated with what has been going on at Cordia. Not easy to get to, but an interesting experience.

And one honorable mention -

Home game at Kentucky School for the Deaf - not the best basketball, and not a lot of people will be there. But these guys are high school basketball players playing the game they enjoy, just like so many other players throughout Kentucky. I always feel good after watching these guys simply doing what a lot of other high school kids are doing.

Not sure if you mean geographic region, or basketball region.

Here are some of the better teams in the state by geographic region:

Western Ky:

Hopkinsville and Christian Co will probably be the top 2, and UHA has a couple really good players.

Not as Western Ky:

Bowling Green

Louisville:

Trinity

Ballard

Fern Creek

maybe Eastern and Doss?

Central Ky:

Scott Co

Lex. Dunbar

South Central

Pulaski Southwestern

Not sure about Eastern Ky.

As far as events go, maysvilleky nailed it.

The KOB in Louisville is the top showcase of Kentucky High School Basketball (with a little out of state flavor as well) and the Marshall Co Hoopfest (Western Ky) is great for national h.s. talent.

The All A Classic in Frankfort (central ky) featuring the best "Small School" from each region is usually a fun event. Of course most any postseason (District, Region, State) tournament is exciting.

Pulaski County should also have a nice team this year- and also has one of the biggest gyms in the state with one of the largest listed seating capacities in the nation.

Home game at Kentucky School for the Deaf - not the best basketball, and not a lot of people will be there. But these guys are high school basketball players playing the game they enjoy, just like so many other players throughout Kentucky. I always feel good after watching these guys simply doing what a lot of other high school kids are doing.

I've always been interested in going to a game there. I might have to find a time to get down there this year.

hi. I'm new to this website. Can anyone tell me who will be the top boys/girls basketball programs in each region? I joined this website because I wanted to know about high school basketball in the Bluegrass State. I have been working on to know where each high school is located. I hope to learn alot on here. I would like to attend some basketball games in Kentucky. I've read where Fairdale has a King of the Bluegrass Holiday Classic? Is this a nice one to attend. Are there others? Near Corbin or Henderson County? boys/girls? I would love to attend a tourney with lots of excitement . Any help would be so kind. Thanks for reading this. Have a great day everyone. Roy:wave:

Glad to have you on the site Roy. BGP is the best site to get info on teams and players. For basketball we have Each region previews that is a must read. Then bi-weakly we have reviews of players and games for each region. A great way to keep up with players and teams. Posters here are so helpful to give info on teams and players that they have seen.....just ask.

Look forwarding to reading your posts.