Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which Would Be Worse Today?

Featured Replies

My best friends department just changed to one year rotations. Meaning, at some point he will be on third shift for one year.

 

Ours is 6 months and it's based on seniority. I was on nights for like 2 1/2 years straight when I first started. I miss the work, but not the hours.

 

Ugh. Our local department switches 12 hour shifts every 3 months.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the answer is based upon the context. Policing is much different if you are in a rural county with a handful of contacts in a week compared to being a police officer in an inner-city crime riddled area.

Ugh. Our local department switches 12 hour shifts every 3 months.

 

I have friends that are police officers that have worked third shift for 15+ years.

 

Gotta be hard on the health.

I have friends that are police officers that have worked third shift for 15+ years.

 

Gotta be hard on the health.

 

My father in law worked 3rd shift most of his career...turned down promotion a couple of times because he would have had to go to days. He just loved thirds. When he became Lt. he got to stay on third shift.

My father in law worked 3rd shift most of his career...turned down promotion a couple of times because he would have had to go to days. He just loved thirds. When he became Lt. he got to stay on third shift.

 

I have a couple friends same way. They like the action on third shift.

I have a couple friends same way. They like the action on third shift.

 

That plus added family time...especially in the summer when kids were home.

That plus added family time...especially in the summer when kids were home.

 

I agree but it is definitely hard on them. My one friend gets off at 6 am and has two small boys playing sports. He tries to get sleep in whenever he can.

Ugh. Our local department switches 12 hour shifts every 3 months.

 

Man, I'd love to work 10's or 12's

Nights was hard on my health. Felt bad all the time, like perpetually tired.

Back to the tread topic...

There are places I would not want to be a black man.

There are places I would not want to be a police officer.

Heck there are places I wouldn't want to be me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.