Alexandria Brewing Company

MJAlltheWay24

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm assuming they have their sights set on turning the field into the brewery.

The only thing that remotely makes sense would be the old Hillcrest site. Currently has a Subway and a lot of empty space besides that, as well as a basement. Across from HayLoft Tavern. That site would make sense for a fall opening and it is available cheap

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Rocking In The Free World — Alexandria Brewing Company

Rocking In The Free World

December 12, 2017 / Andy Reynolds

As always, I feel like I do not do this enough. First and foremost, we want to thank everyone who was able to make it out to our open house. The turn out was much higher than we expected. It is nice to know that so many people wanted to see what we are up to inside the old Skip N Flip. If you were one of the people that stopped in, we have made some serious improvements since your visit. Last week we put our walk-in cooler up, clearing away most of the stuff that was taking up the floor space in the back. We have also finished painting, put new doors on the restrooms, hung our permanent sign, and, as of yesterday, started the concrete polishing and epoxy coat of back overflow and production areas.

Yesterday we were able to break away from the construction and head down to Bardstown, KY to visit our new friends at Willett Distilling. Willett was kind enough to give us a barrel. The Kentucky Guild of Brewers is hosting its annual Craft Bash in Louisville, KY this coming June. The plan for these barrels is for the members of the K.G.B. to brew a beer and age it in the Willett barrel, and bring one sixtel of it for the barrel aged tent at the Craft Bash. Plus we will all have another sixtel at Hopcat in Lexington for a tap takeover a week later. While we aren’t allowed to fill this barrel until we are licensed, we are focused on keeping it wet and ready to go. Our first thought with this barrel is to put our Brothers in Arms Russian imperial stout in it, but we have pledged to donate the proceeds of this beer to veteran-based charities. By having to distribute a portion of this batch, we will be unable to do so. Our next thought is to make the same beer and call it something else, but in all honesty, I feel like that is not proper branding. My decision is that this version will just be labeled “Brothers In Arms – Willett.” Since we will have some sales in our taproom of it after the Craft Bash, we will dedicate $1 of every glass poured to Deep Sea Valkyries. Deep Sea Valkyries is a veteran-based, veteran ran charity that focuses on healing the unseen wounds of war. They take veterans on several marine based recreational activities while also working in group counseling sessions. We do hope to have an Elmer T. Lee and a Knob Creek 15 Year of Brothers In Arms ready for opening. We will keep them separate for comparison and blend the two as well. With these three at opening, 100% of the proceeds will go to Deep Sea Valkyries and the Wounded Warrior Project.

Along these lines, we are partnering with a couple other charities and plan to have a charity beer on draft at all times. With these beers, we plan on $1 of every glass poured going to that charity. One of the first charities will be the Center for Courageous Kids in Scottsville, KY. I was fortunate enough to visit their facilities in September. It is a great place for kids with some serious conditions to get away from their routine and have some fun with kids, get outdoors, go bowling, and do things they never thought they would be able to do. I know that their pinball machine was down. So, at least part of what I would like to do is get together with our friends from Walton’s Games and get it fixed. With the remaining amount, we can sponsor a few kids to attend the camp. We have a few other charities and we will be sharing more information about them as we get closer to their brew dates. In the meantime, check out, the Center for Courageous Kids’ website.

On a different note, we have found someone to run the restaurant portion of the brewery. Four Mile Pig will be our restaurant tenant. If you are from out here, you know their food is amazing. Robert Viox and his team make some killer BBQ and we can’t wait to see what he is able to whip up for Alexandria Brewing Company.

We are getting closer and closer to the opening date! We look forward to seeing you all inside our taproom in early March. Cheers!