Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass Games

Featured Replies

St Henry had a 2-2 tie with Hendersonville (including an own goal), 1-0 win over Male (match called right after first half due to heat), and finished with a 2-0 win over E-town.

 

Tennessee teams are allowed to play in the BGSG these days? Is that near Johnsonville?

  • Replies 67
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee teams are allowed to play in the BGSG these days? Is that near Johnsonville?

Sorry, Henderson County.

So let me get this straight, soccer gets to play in this fiasco and basically gets several scrimmages in addition to the 2 that the KHSAA allows but football teams can't go to multi team camps? Seems fair.

So let me get this straight, soccer gets to play in this fiasco and basically gets several scrimmages in addition to the 2 that the KHSAA allows but football teams can't go to multi team camps? Seems fair.

 

While I'm not a big fan of Bluegrass Games, I'm not sure I'd call it a "fiasco". I don't know the rules for HS football but given that they are two completely different sports, it may be appropriate to have different rules for how many scrimmages, etc they can allow. There is a reason that soccer teams play 2-3 games per week and football teams play 1 game per week don't you think? My guess is that the physical demands of football on the player's body dictate reduced pre-season action and not some "unfairness" handed down from KHSAA.

So let me get this straight, soccer gets to play in this fiasco and basically gets several scrimmages in addition to the 2 that the KHSAA allows but football teams can't go to multi team camps? Seems fair.

I would think part of the reason that Khsaa allows the extra scrimmages for soccer is that they use this tournament as part of the state referee camp. I can't imagine without game evaluation that camp is that useful.

While I'm not a big fan of Bluegrass Games, I'm not sure I'd call it a "fiasco". I don't know the rules for HS football but given that they are two completely different sports, it may be appropriate to have different rules for how many scrimmages, etc they can allow. There is a reason that soccer teams play 2-3 games per week and football teams play 1 game per week don't you think? My guess is that the physical demands of football on the player's body dictate reduced pre-season action and not some "unfairness" handed down from KHSAA.

 

Every other sport in the KHSAA is only allowed 2 scrimmages against other teams. Why is soccer different? Remove football from my original post and insert baseball. Same thing.

I would think part of the reason that Khsaa allows the extra scrimmages for soccer is that they use this tournament as part of the state referee camp. I can't imagine without game evaluation that camp is that useful.

 

All other sports use scrimmages as training for officials as well..

Every other sport in the KHSAA is only allowed 2 scrimmages against other teams. Why is soccer different? Remove football from my original post and insert baseball. Same thing.

 

OK... the truth is out... someone has finally noticed that the KHSAA likes soccer more than every other sport and is therefore providing these kids with preferential treatment.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Bluegrass games are not considered "scrimmages" at all so the scrimmage limitation does not apply, if in fact all teams are limited to two scrimmages. BGSG is a tournament with winners and losers and probably considered no different than a bball tournament or baseball tournament. I'm not sure who said they were considered scrimmage games.

Every other sport in the KHSAA is only allowed 2 scrimmages against other teams. Why is soccer different? Remove football from my original post and insert baseball. Same thing.

 

There are six fall sports/activities that get the exception: boys soccer; girls soccer; boys cross country; girls cross country; volleyball; and competitive cheer. Note also that the exception is conditioned on BGSG be willing to accept every HS team that wants to enter.

Bluegrass games are considered 1 scrimmage.....so teams can get multi games in and only count as 1. I believe to be true.

  • Author

Bluegrass games are freebies. Doesn't count on the scrimmage count of 2. There once was a ref clinic where you got one free game, then the KHSAA ref clinic combined with BGSG. I assume there is profit for both. Now teams are encouraged to attend for free games for the team and it gives the refs a chance to see lots of situations to prepare for the fall. The ref clinic used to be hosted by schools and that could have led to the refs looking for a neutral site that is centralized and the BGSG needed the bump in teams to help promote this event for the commonwealth. BGSG is also freebies to volleyball too.

Soccer is allowed 3 scrimmages in the preseason. Bluegrass counts as 1 and Soccerama counts as 1.

  • Author

Soccer is allowed 2. Bgsg is a freebie. There are Not 3 allowed.

All other sports use scrimmages as training for officials as well..

But are they part of a Khsaa sponsored event to specifically evaluate officials statewide?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.