Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass Games

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referees cutting games short. Limited water supply. Poor (or no) communication to schools/coaches. No shirts. Minimal sponsors.
Referees cutting games or the tournament. There is a critical difference.
Referees cutting games or the tournament. There is a critical difference.

I have no idea if that came from the tournament coordinator or the referees. I will say this year was better.

I have no idea if that came from the tournament coordinator or the referees. I will say this year was better.

 

So, you are not certain who chose to cut the games short but you are OK with blaming the refs. :idunno:

 

I know several of the games were shortened this year because of the heat.... would like to know who you think we should throw on the sword for this.

Kettle korn? Cause if there wasn't even kettle korn then it's a total farce.

 

This situation played out the first weekend of State Cup.... one location had it.... the other didn't. Boy did the KY DOC hear about it!!!

So, you are not certain who chose to cut the games short but you are OK with blaming the refs. :idunno:

 

I know several of the games were shortened this year because of the heat.... would like to know who you think we should throw on the sword for this.

Sheesh man settle down. I didn't blame the referees. But the referees are technically the ones who blow the whistle to start and stop the games, whether they made that decision or someone else did. I will blame them for not communicating to coaches when games were to be shortened. And for not showing up on time to games and then shortening games with no warning.

 

Heat index was interesting this year. Ended one game immediately when there was plenty of time to see if the heat index would decrease. Then started the next set of games when heat index didn't seem to change. With some more creative scheduling I bet BGSG could avoid peak heat index times of the day.

Referees cutting games short. Limited water supply. Poor (or no) communication to schools/coaches. No shirts. Minimal sponsors.

 

Entirely my fault.... I have no idea how I interpreted your comments as "blaming" the refs.

We were told about the games being shortened to allow for mandatory water breaks. The referees relied on the air horn that blew to halt all play. At that point, they (medical staff down there) take a new measurement of the heat index every 30 minutes... just like games are delayed for 30 minutes after each thunder/strike. Even if communication was limited, every coach is required to take training annually by the KHSAA with an emphasis on the heat index... so should have been no surprise.

 

Papa Johns and Kettle Corn were in full effect, but in that heat nothing sounded good.

 

The cost is crazy and they haven't provided t-shirts the past couple of years.

 

I think that has covered most comments.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.