Cardinals @ Reds (6/7 - 6/9)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be the first game that Leak has pitched as an opponent at GABP. Curious the reaction he'll receive.

I don't know about any others, but I'd give him the same treatment that Cueto got when he came back. The guy did everything you asked him to, and I'd have loved to still have him as part of the staff. Give him a standing O when he first comes out...then root for the Reds to beat him.

Reds send Jon Moscot to AAA, call up Steve Selsky

Right-hander Jon Moscot lost his bid to stay in the Reds’ rotation when Anthony DeSclafani returns from the disabled list on Friday.

The Reds optioned Moscot to Triple-A Louisville on Monday and announced the move Tuesday, along with the call-up of outfielder Steve Selsky.

Moscot, 24, is 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in five starts for the Reds this season and allowed 12 runs in just 5 2/3 innings over his two starts since coming off the disabled list. The Reds have lost all five of his starts this season, including Sunday, when he allowed five runs in 3 2/3 innings in a loss to the Nationals.

DeSclafani, 26, was scheduled to be the Reds’ Opening Day starter before an oblique injury sidelined him late in spring training. He hasn’t pitched for the Reds this season.

Selsky, 26, was called up briefly last month and made one plate appearance. He hit .284/.374/.413 at Triple-A Louisville.