Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 6 Conner 5

Featured Replies

Game end for Conner with 2 on and a wide throw to first and Bankamper made the tag

Great finish by Conner.

Wow!

 

Sounds like a very exciting finish.

 

Did you guys think Conner was going to pull it out?

Momentum was definitely on their side. I personally thought Conner was going to tie it up to force extra innings.

BW was cruising through 5 innings in total control. Combs had shut down 15 consecutive batters. Conner opens 6th with a walk, solid line drive single to left center, solid single to left field to score first run, than bloop single over second baseman and Combs is done. Fieger replaces Combs and two errors follow. BW looked ragged in the field the last two innings and it became a nailbiter. Last play of game could easily turned the outcome to Conner if Bankemper had not made a great swipetag. Rowe made an excellent charging snag of roller, but his high/wide throw to the homeside of first was salvaged by Bankemper's leaping catch and tag. Game saver, no doubt.

Odd game. Conner did nothing for about 5 innings and then got within 2 bases of tying it up in the bottom of the 7th. Really nice play by Bankemper on the final play to get the 3rd out.

 

Not sure how many pitches Feiger threw. I assume he will be eligible Thursday.

Shout out to my guy Kyler Padgett. The rare 3-sport athlete of yesteryear; has had a really strong career and especially his senior year. More importantly to me is that he has handled his business the right way and rep'd Conner alums like myself in the highest manner. Kid will be successful. Count on it.

First time I was able to see Fieger throw. Candidly, with his strong arm as BW's 4 year QB, I expected a flamethrower on the mound. Not the case. A total finese pitcher. Thursday could be a very interesting Championship game. Bw's defense will have to be top notch, as Fieger pitches to contact.

Wow. Sounds like a heck of a game. A real roller coaster ride. Great job hanging on Tigers and getting the win over a tough opponent.

 

And, if we are recognizing three sport athletes, kudos to Brett Slusher of Beechwood. In addition to baseball and football, he ran track this year for the first time and finished tenth in the state in the 200 meter dash.

Conner makes a couple of plays in the field and the game is very different.

 

Knew Beechie could hit, but I was incredibly impressed with the way they ran the bases. First team to really run on Sims all year.

 

Cougars didn't give up and fought till the very end. A lot of heart on that team this year. Good luck to el Tigres in the finals. Should be great game.

Conner makes a couple of plays in the field and the game is very different. Knew Beechie could hit' date=' but I was incredibly impressed with the way they ran the bases. First team to really run on Sims all year. Cougars didn't give up and fought till the very end. A lot of heart on that team this year. Good luck to el Tigres in the finals. Should be great game.[/quote']

 

BW ran on the slow delivery. Max had no shot.

One thing is for sure, Conner will be the team to beat in the 33rd and could be the 9th region favorite next season . Ryle and Boone were senior heavy this season. Cooper played a lot of younger kids, but no match-up of Conner's class of 2017.

One thing is for sure, Conner will be the team to beat in the 33rd and could be the 9th region favorite next season . Ryle and Boone were senior heavy this season. Cooper played a lot of younger kids, but no match-up of Conner's class of 2017.

 

I know I'm biased but Ryle will be senior heavy next year as well...problem is only 2-3 of them saw significant time this season. They don't appear to have a horse like Ziggy but then again, who does. I won't say they will win this or win that but if they keep their heads on straight, might be a team that could give Conner some trouble. I think Cooper will be much better next season and 2018 as well.

I know I'm biased but Ryle will be senior heavy next year as well...problem is only 2-3 of them saw significant time this season. They don't appear to have a horse like Ziggy but then again, who does. I won't say they will win this or win that but if they keep their heads on straight, might be a team that could give Conner some trouble. I think Cooper will be much better next season and 2018 as well.
Ryle will be in the same boat as Boone was this season . They started the season with 12 seniors, lost one to injury, but had only 3 that played full time in 2015. They had pitching but the defense and offense just couldn't get it going this season.I think Cooper will improve over this season, but I don't think the talent will come close to Conner. With Zig and Purnell gone, Craddock might be the new king of the hill in the 33rd and he will have a big plus with Sims behind the plate for him !!! Max can sell more strikes than any other catcher in the 9th .
BW ran on the slow delivery. Max had no shot.

 

I disagree, although I thought he had a good game but he definitely missed some opportunities to throw some runners out. He had three that I remember that the throw down second was off. He has a cannon on him but was just off target a couple of times.

What are people's thoughts on the play at home when Beechwood's guy was called safe, many Conner people thought he was out?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.