Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

36th District schedule

Featured Replies

How pray tell is this going to work out? 3 games starting at 4:30 an NO lights at the Birdcage. :idunno:

 

Newport - vs.Bellevue

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 4:30 PM 36th District

 

Newport/Bellevue winner - vs.Highlands

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 5:30 PM 36th District

 

Newport Central Catholic - vs.Dayton

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 6:30 PM 36th District

It will be just fine. You'll see. All AD's agreed to it with the rain pending for Wed, Thurs and Friday. SEVERAL factors were considered and explored.

  • Author
It will be just fine. You'll see. All AD's agreed to it with the rain pending for Wed, Thurs and Friday. SEVERAL factors were considered and explored.

 

You are COMPLETELY exonerated from this, and lets just hope it works out.

 

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it, me and 2.0 will not be there because of 3.0's 8th grade graduation. :irked:

You are COMPLETELY exonerated from this, and lets just hope it works out.

 

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it, me and 2.0 will not be there because of 3.0's 8th grade graduation. :irked:

 

Suck it up, Sally.

  • Author
You are COMPLETELY exonerated from this, and lets just hope it works out.

 

Doesn't mean I'm happy about it, me and 2.0 will not be there because of 3.0's 8th grade graduation. :irked:

@RCC9.....did you "like" this because I know you're innocent in this schedule or that I won't be there tonight? :idunno: :lol2:

I was wondering if things like this might need to happen in order to beat the rain. Seems just about every year this happens anymore.

How pray tell is this going to work out? 3 games starting at 4:30 an NO lights at the Birdcage. :idunno:

 

Newport - vs.Bellevue

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 4:30 PM 36th District

 

Newport/Bellevue winner - vs.Highlands

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 5:30 PM 36th District

 

Newport Central Catholic - vs.Dayton

(at Winkler Field, Ft. Thomas) - 6:30 PM 36th District

 

Probably just some really good umpiring...really, really good....:clap:

It will be just fine. You'll see. All AD's agreed to it with the rain pending for Wed, Thurs and Friday. SEVERAL factors were considered and explored.

 

So as the schedule looks, this means if the NCC/Dayton game doesn't get completed tonight that it will have to be finished on Tuesday which would, depending on how many innings are completed tonight, one of those schools will have to play 2 the day of the finals or will they play the finals on another day?? Who feels these games will last only a hour??? Also, seems to me there is only one school that would avoid playing back to back if they try to finish all of this by Tuesday. No disrespect intended, but wouldn't the 1 vs 4/5 seed be much smarter to play last for a number of reasons?? 1) to avoid a back to back game, 2) may move a bit faster due to the seeds. Didn't Dayton just play NCC to a 6-4 loss?? Seems that game may take a bit longer, so the longer time potential game would make more sense to play second rather than third, IMO. Doesn't seem all factors were considered:idunno:

@RCC9.....did you "like" this because I know you're innocent in this schedule or that I won't be there tonight? :idunno: :lol2:

 

Both! LOL!

So as the schedule looks, this means if the NCC/Dayton game doesn't get completed tonight that it will have to be finished on Tuesday which would, depending on how many innings are completed tonight, one of those schools will have to play 2 the day of the finals or will they play the finals on another day?? Who feels these games will last only a hour??? Also, seems to me there is only one school that would avoid playing back to back if they try to finish all of this by Tuesday. No disrespect intended, but wouldn't the 1 vs 4/5 seed be much smarter to play last for a number of reasons?? 1) to avoid a back to back game, 2) may move a bit faster due to the seeds. Didn't Dayton just play NCC to a 6-4 loss?? Seems that game may take a bit longer, so the longer time potential game would make more sense to play second rather than third, IMO. Doesn't seem all factors were considered:idunno:

 

All those things were considered. There are reasons for all of them. I'm not going to call anyone out, but that's how it needed to be. The Dayton game could not be played at that time. Again, there were reasons.

 

All AD's were part of the solution. They all had input and their team's best interest in mind. And they all agreed to this solution because they all knew about all the conflicts and reasons why teams could and couldn't play. I'm telling you, there were multiple discussions and solutions proposed and this is where it landed. I can honestly say that I don't see anyone coming up with anything that would have been anything different (if you keep in mind they are trying to beat all the rain). Just to give you a few examples. Some schools couldn't play on Sunday. One school has graduation on Wednesday and Baccalaureate on Tuesday. Once school had a coach that wasn't available at a certain time. NKU was not an option. Playing at other schools facility was considered and not approved. I'm telling you, they tried SEVERAL other solutions and were told (before they agreed) that if the games run over tonight, the game would be completed the next day prior to the championship game. AGAIN, all AD's signed off on that.

 

The light was playable til 845 last night. The games start at 430. That 4 hours and 15 minutes to get the games in. I think it can happen with the schedule. I was wrong once before though!

All those things were considered. There are reasons for all of them. I'm not going to call anyone out, but that's how it needed to be. The Dayton game could not be played at that time. Again, there were reasons.

 

All AD's were part of the solution. They all had input and their team's best interest in mind. And they all agreed to this solution because they all knew about all the conflicts and reasons why teams could and couldn't play. I'm telling you, there were multiple discussions and solutions proposed and this is where it landed. I can honestly say that I don't see anyone coming up with anything that would have been anything different (if you keep in mind they are trying to beat all the rain). Just to give you a few examples. Some schools couldn't play on Sunday. One school has graduation on Wednesday and Baccalaureate on Tuesday. Once school had a coach that wasn't available at a certain time. NKU was not an option. Playing at other schools facility was considered and not approved. I'm telling you, they tried SEVERAL other solutions and were told (before they agreed) that if the games run over tonight, the game would be completed the next day prior to the championship game. AGAIN, all AD's signed off on that.

 

The light was playable til 845 last night. The games start at 430. That 4 hours and 15 minutes to get the games in. I think it can happen with the schedule. I was wrong once before though!

 

I guess this is why AD's don't coach softball:lol:

@RCC9.....did you "like" this because I know you're innocent in this schedule or that I won't be there tonight? :idunno: :lol2:

Is quoting oneself the same as talking to yourself?:)

Did Bellevue/Newport really take 2 hours for a 4th inning run rule?

That had to be a fun one to watch (sarcasm)!

Did Bellevue/Newport really take 2 hours for a 4th inning run rule?

That had to be a fun one to watch (sarcasm)!

 

Yes it did....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.