Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Soccer club tryouts this week

Featured Replies

With the new age grouping by year, soccer tryouts should be interesting. Older girls in current age group become younger girls in the new age group. Hopefully all goes well and not too many hurt feelings.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new age grouping by year, soccer tryouts should be interesting. Older girls in current age group become younger girls in the new age group. Hopefully all goes well and not too many hurt feelings.

 

Not a chance there wont be hurt feelings. Soccer has more drama than any sport I have ever seen (at the youth levels).

I never have more friends than I do the next 3 evenings...but strangely, one of my favorite weeks of the year.

 

Yes, the birth year changes are going to shake a lot of trees, going to split up some top teams that have been together for years and risen through the ranks of CUSL and Buckeye leagues, and going to force a lot of teams to be re-built with players that haven't had a crack at the top teams in their clubs. The switch to 9v9 is going to be more interesting than it is being given credit for too.

 

I'm also interested to see the number of kids playing up moving forward, not so much on the 2nd teams and below as you have a lot of kids playing up there for car-pool / family / friend issues, but I'm interested to see how many top teams in each club have kids playing up, and what it does to the top teams at the age groups under them.

 

Fun times....

My son has been playing with the same core group of kids since 3rd grade. Heading into junior year, they will be split up with the age cut-off.

 

They will have one last hurrah together as team with the upcoming state cup tourney.

would like to see more NKY kids tryout for the KHA academy teams along with CUP, OE, CSA and play for professional coaches and in better training environments. Think it would help KY overall as a state.

would like to see more NKY kids tryout for the KHA academy teams along with CUP, OE, CSA and play for professional coaches and in better training environments. Think it would help KY overall as a state.

 

What club's top level teams don't have paid Professional coaches?

Many NKY kids choose to play for a dad coached KHSC Select team or NKSA team. Where in Cincy more kids play for a clubs top 2-3 teams with more of a professional environment.

Many NKY kids choose to play for a dad coached KHSC Select team or NKSA team. Where in Cincy more kids play for a clubs top 2-3 teams with more of a professional environment.

 

Interesting theory, but I think both the Kings Academy and NKSA Pro teams, playing for paid Professional coaches, are filled with the right kids. I also think most of these KH and NKSA select teams have paid trainers that are giving those boys and girls the opportunity to improve and increase their skills and game awareness. You and I both know "dads" like Tony Spaulding who are also outstanding trainers. I certainly agree that I'd love for every kid to strive to play for an Academy team or a Pro team, but not every kid / family wants that type of commitment.

I'm also interested to see the number of kids playing up moving forward, not so much on the 2nd teams and below as you have a lot of kids playing up there for car-pool / family / friend issues, but I'm interested to see how many top teams in each club have kids playing up, and what it does to the top teams at the age groups under them.

 

With the top teams, I would think most clubs would want everyone to play at the correct age. I would be surprised if many kids are allowed to play up on top teams.

With the top teams, I would think most clubs would want everyone to play at the correct age. I would be surprised if many kids are allowed to play up on top teams.

 

I agree, I don't think I worded my post clearly enough. I'm with you.

The question that always came up for me about these tryouts is why they are held before teams play in the State Cup. Then again, why does Ky State Cup always occur a month after Ohio State Cup?

 

How does a team not have some chemistry issues if everyone knows a player or two are not coming back or worse yet, switching club affiliations.

The question that always came up for me about these tryouts is why they are held before teams play in the State Cup. Then again, why does Ky State Cup always occur a month after Ohio State Cup?

 

How does a team not have some chemistry issues if everyone knows a player or two are not coming back or worse yet, switching club affiliations.

 

We ran into this last year - 3 girls that didn't make team for the next season did not come to State Cup resulting in us picking up a player from the next team for State Cup.

 

I also would be very surprised if kids "play up" on the higher-level teams with the new age grouping.

Many NKY kids choose to play for a dad coached KHSC Select team or NKSA team. Where in Cincy more kids play for a clubs top 2-3 teams with more of a professional environment.

 

I haven't seen this. The last hold out for what are now U-15s were the KH Crew and they disbanded prior to this season. NKSA has their Pro Group. NKSA Blue Jays may be family coached, I can't remember, but they had a pretty solid year at the Buckeye State level.

The question that always came up for me about these tryouts is why they are held before teams play in the State Cup. Then again, why does Ky State Cup always occur a month after Ohio State Cup?

 

How does a team not have some chemistry issues if everyone knows a player or two are not coming back or worse yet, switching club affiliations.

 

My boys were cut from the KHA last year and had 4 games left to play. One of the boys scored 3 goals and had 2 assists in those games. I asked his new coach to cut him earlier in the year.

We ran into this last year - 3 girls that didn't make team for the next season did not come to State Cup resulting in us picking up a player from the next team for State Cup.

 

I also would be very surprised if kids "play up" on the higher-level teams with the new age grouping.

 

IMO, you don't need kids like that anyway. You are guaranteed only the current season. Feelings get hurt, but it is a character builder. Finish out the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.