Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cam Newton hops playground fence to play football with seventh-graders

Featured Replies

DAVIDSON, N.C. —Students at the Community School of Davidson had a celebrity encounter on the playground Friday afternoon.

 

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton drove by the school while filming for a show when he noticed a student wearing his jersey on the playground.

 

Mimi Siadak, a seventh-grade teacher, said Newton asked the teachers for permission and then hopped the fence to toss a football.

 

“The students just herded all around him. I still can’t believe he did that,” Siadak said.

 

Newton also posed for a “dabbing” photo with the awestruck students and got the group to heckle one of their teachers wearing a Steelers lanyard.

 

“I saw one girl crying and hyperventilating and when I asked, ‘Sweetheart what’s wrong?’ she said, ‘That was just the best moment of my life,’” Siadak said.

 

Cam Newton hops playground fence to play football with seventh-graders | WSB-TV

  • Author

Cam! Cam! Cam!

I dig me some Cam Newton. The Super Bowl this year was special since my two favorite QB's were there. I was cool with Manning going out on a high note, and I look forward to Cam putting his smiling face on the future of the game. I dig the excitement he brings and I really like hearing him do stuff like this to make all of these kids' day. Class act, and you just know how tickled he was down deep to do it for them. Who here can't picture him with his beaming smile the whole time he was playing with them? Dude's a cool cat.

Cam has retained his child-like enthusiasm, something many of us lose as we grow older. He seems to be a passionate fellow with a fun spirit.

Damage Control! Period.....

 

For the record, I enjoy Cam's game on the field!

Is that Cam Newton throwing the football, of Cliff Huxtable?:idunno:

All an act. The article said he was riding in the car filming....the folks that run him are genius. What can make you go from pouting ego maniac to hero faster than playing catch with some kids. All he needed was a sack of kittens to pass out to the little monsters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.