Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A Classic

Featured Replies

OK everyone the pools are set. Time to get your thoughts and predictions. I'll list the pools along with the team record. Some of the records may be a day behind because the scores haven't been updated on KHSAA.

Pool A

Region 2- Lyon Co. (17-2)

Region 9- Newport Central Catholic (8-6)

Region 10- Bishop Brossart (7-5)

Region 15- Pikeville (16-4)

Pool B

Region 4- Glasgow (10-6)

Region 6- Holy Cross (7-8)

Region 7- Whitefield Academy (3-2)

Region 11- Lexington Christian (9-7)

Pool C

Region 3- Hancock Co. (11-7)

Region 8- Walton Verona (5-10)

Region 12- Somerset (13-8)

Region 16- Graceland (13-4)

Pool D

Region 1- Murray (12-5)

Region 5- Campbellsville (10-6)

Region 13- Middlesboro (9-3)

Region 14- Wolfe Co. (12-6)

There it is put your two cents in. I'll be back to give my thoughts later. Sorry this was so long but my phone would not let me paste a link for some reason. Have a good time. If you should see anything wrong let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks

  • Replies 48
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Region 16 winer was Raceland... auto correct may have gotten you there.

 

I'll go :

 

Lyon Co/NCC in Pool A

Glasgow/ Holy Cross in Pool B

Hancock Co/Somerset in Pool C

Murray/Middlesboro in Pool D

  • Author

I am in agreement on your pairings coming from the pools. Not trying to slight any teams I just don't know the eastern and northern teams. I think Holy Cross will be solid. 3 of their losses have been to top 10 teams. Murray has been kind of on again off again. They have been beaten by teams that they should have beaten. But, Murray seems to be getting hot again at the right time. Murray's pitching is different they don't throw hard but they are never in the middle. Hancock Co. is solid they can hit. I don't think Hancock Co. wins it all but they are a threat to knock anyone out. Lyon is solid they are on a 15 game winning streak. They beat #16 Union Co. They are solid on defense, have really good pitching, and can hit. Sorry about the auto correct it should have said Raceland.

This could end up a rematch of last years championship game with Holy Cross facing Hancock Co..Lyon county could be the spoiler taking out Holy Cross.Lyon Co is very solid in every aspect of the game but Beating Holy Cross will be a monster challenge.Hancock County has been Class A runner-up 4 times and with a solid group of upper classwomen and some productive underclasswomen this could be the year They take home the Biggest Hardware

  • Author

Lyon is a good team but like you, I think Holy Cross is the team to beat. Lyon has beaten Hancock once. Hoping to see some great softball.

  • Author

Are we gonna get enough break in the weather, to get the All A in?

Does anybody know of any radio stations or websites broadcasting games?

  • Author

Probably going to single-elimination tournament it is raining in Owensboro.... Imagine That!

As of 7:20a.m. It's raining in Owensboro. Calling for rain all day.

Single elimination tournament starting at 2:00 at the earliest.

 

I'll post the bracket after I eat.

Single elimination tournament starting at 2:00 at the earliest.

 

I'll post the bracket after I eat.

 

Should committee re-evaluate tournament format? This rain thing seems to be a regular occurence for this tournament. Possibly look how basketball starts during weekdays and in the event of snow has a little cushion built in... If softball had scheduled some games on a Friday then there is some margin for rain. As it stands now - any delays and tournament has to be re-formatted completely..

Edited by PSJ
sp

Did Wolfe County drop out? I didn't see a game for them on KHSAA>

 

No, saw there coaches at the coaches meeting last night.

It was a complete cluster last year as well. We were in the Winners Bracket and had to play 3 games back to back to back???? I think they need a new All A Director or something

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.