Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ACC ACC ACC

Featured Replies

I like the vote of confidence but I on the other hand only see Duke winning if they light up 3's like they did in the first half of Yale game.

 

That may be true, but I just can't see Oregon beating them. I'm not sure Oregon has played anybody as good as Duke (as weird as that may sound). And the block by Brice was one of the nicest blocks I've ever seen happen.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
That may be true, but I just can't see Oregon beating them. I'm not sure Oregon has played anybody as good as Duke (as weird as that may sound). And the block by Brice was one of the nicest blocks I've ever seen happen.

 

What is up with these late starts though? Duke games is at 10:07 UNC game is at 9:57

What is up with these late starts though? Duke games is at 10:07 UNC game is at 9:57

 

No clue but it's stupid. I can kind of understand the Duke game as it is in California but Carolina plays in Philly so starting that late is absurd. To the NCAA's advantage, they know that regardless, everybody will be tuned in whether they start at 10 pm or 1 am.

What is up with these late starts though? Duke games is at 10:07 UNC game is at 9:57

 

No clue but it's stupid. I can kind of understand the Duke game as it is in California but Carolina plays in Philly so starting that late is absurd. To the NCAA's advantage, they know that regardless, everybody will be tuned in whether they start at 10 pm or 1 am.

 

Exactly. All about the ratings. That's why Kentucky has played a super late game in the Opening Round the last two years.

Exactly. All about the ratings. That's why Kentucky has played a super late game in the Opening Round the last two years.

 

Which is stupid but complaining won't work because the NCAA doesn't really care. Oh well, at least Carolina plays on Friday so I don't have to worry about getting up for work the next day.

I've lost all faith in Charles Barkley.

 

He needs to stick with the NBA.

I've lost all faith in Charles Barkley.

 

One of his best lines was about Ky. - "not sure about the McDonald all Americans, they got some kids who may eat at McDonalds" - it was something like that

Just got an ESPN update on my phone that says with North Carolina, Miami, Duke, Virginia, Syracuse and Notre Dame reaching the Sweet 16, the ACC is getting more than $30 million.

What is up with these late starts though? Duke games is at 10:07 UNC game is at 9:57

 

Sure seems like they would want to split them up as they will have a lot of viewers.

Just got an ESPN update on my phone that says with North Carolina, Miami, Duke, Virginia, Syracuse and Notre Dame reaching the Sweet 16, the ACC is getting more than $30 million.

 

Cha Ching!

Which is stupid but complaining won't work because the NCAA doesn't really care. Oh well, at least Carolina plays on Friday so I don't have to worry about getting up for work the next day.

 

Our company closes for Good Friday. So I'm good this year.

Our company closes for Good Friday. So I'm good this year.

 

I just completely forgot that was this Friday. Maybe that's why they aren't concerned with the last start times.

I wish Kentucky would jump ship to the ACC.

 

From a coaching stand point, I think it would be very hard. The ACC has by far the best coaches in the country and when you get into conference play, there are no gimmies. It's a tough act to play top teams and top coaches 2-3 times a week for a couple of months.

What is up with these late starts though? Duke games is at 10:07 UNC game is at 9:57

 

Guessing you're too young to recall when CBS used to have late tipoffs of west region 1st round games after the 11pm news?

From a coaching stand point, I think it would be very hard. The ACC has by far the best coaches in the country and when you get into conference play, there are no gimmies. It's a tough act to play top teams and top coaches 2-3 times a week for a couple of months.

 

Cal couldn't handle that much pressure week in and week out. Just my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.