Holy Cross 58 Dixie Heights 46 (9th Region 1st Rd)

Covington Holy Cross 70, Boone County 68 (OT)

Campbell County 48, Newport 47

Covington Catholic 57, Ft. Thomas St. Thomas 47

Newport Catholic 71, Conner 63

Covington Holy Cross 58, Campbell County 51

Newport Catholic 60, Covington Catholic 59

Newport Catholic 78, Covington Holy Cross 73 (OT)

Covington Holy Cross 70, Boone County 68 (OT)

Campbell County 48, Newport 47

Covington Catholic 57, Ft. Thomas St. Thomas 47

Newport Catholic 71, Conner 63

Covington Holy Cross 58, Campbell County 51

Newport Catholic 60, Covington Catholic 59

Newport Catholic 78, Covington Holy Cross 73 (OT)

Thank you. What's your reference material? I remember hearing about a History of Ninth Region basketball or something like that but I never saw it in print.

Thank you. What's your reference material? I remember hearing about a History of Ninth Region basketball or something like that but I never saw it in print.

I saved a file that someone else posted here a few years ago that has every 9th Region Tournament from 1932-2011.

I'd post it here if I could just figure out how to.

Here's info about the "History of the 9th" that you're talking about...

9th REGION ROYALTY

I saved a file that someone else posted here a few years ago that has every 9th Region Tournament from 1932-2011.

I'd post it here if I could just figure out how to.

Here's info about the "History of the 9th" that you're talking about...

9th REGION ROYALTY

from one of our resources in western ky who put this together

2. Basketball tournament scores, records and lists for districts, regions and state

Yes! That's the one....thank you... This is a great link to hang on to with a wealth of information!

Thanks Jim!

You guys are welcome. But the thanks goes to who put this info together. I may be mistaken but @broadcaster may have something to do with it. (apologies if it is not you Broadcaster)

Dixie does a horrible job getting the ball to Bradfield.

You've got a point here, but these issues are complicated. I'm assuming you attended the game and I was there as well; there were stretches when the guards didn't look to Reed often enough or early enough, but there were also times when he did not position himself well to receive or score, particularly in transition. Remember, DHHS finished this season with one senior on the squad -- these guys are young and still learning, the big upside being that virtually all of them are returning next year. Reed's a strong athlete and a smart kid who had a good junior season and will likely have a fantastic senior season.

I beleive HC would have won by 20 had they not tried playing "stall ball'. First half was good close game, then the Indians started pulling away.... Looking forward to Sunday!

Thanks Jim; that is my website. The number of hits (currently 107,000-plus) always jumps at this time of year.

Extremely gratifying to know so many folks enjoy the information. Got an email from a new sportswriter in the Western end of the Commonwealth who said how welcome the historical information was...especially at tournament time.

It also encourages me to spend the hours it takes every year to update the pages at season's end.

2. Basketball tournament scores, records and lists for districts, regions and state