Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Iloka "would love to play for" Mike Zimmer or Hue Jackson

Featured Replies

  • Author

Sounds like Iloka is going to cash in, good for him, but that is bad for the Bengals.

Or maybe he's just trying to drive up the offer from Mike and Katie.

Hope he signs with the Steelers.

Sounds like Iloka is going to cash in, good for him, but that is bad for the Bengals.

 

I'm split on Iloka -- could take him or leave him.

  • Author
I'm split on Iloka -- could take him or leave him.

 

Me too, and I know I am on both sides of that argument on BGP.

 

If Nelson will stay cheap then I say let Iloka go for sure.

 

I realize Iloka is younger but I question if the Bengals can build a Super Bowl team and pay Iloka what he can get on the open market.

As an opponent, I've never been a major fan of Iloka. I'm not sure he's anything more than average. Just my opinion. As a potential suitor, I'd likely draft a guy cut from the same cloth, there seems to be several in this class out of that mold, before I'd pay him. If I was a Bengal fan, I'd prefer Reggie stay. Guys that can click and close in support aren't that difficult to find. Guys who can cover and make plays on the ball are not as easily found, IMO.

I feel like we have pretty good depth at safety. I would not overspend on either Iloka or Nelson

I feel like we have pretty good depth at safety. I would not overspend on either Iloka or Nelson

 

Are you sure about that? Williams is the only one behind them with experience.

Safety seems to be a position that's hard to evaluate talent.

  • Author

One of the Bengals' key players set to hit free agency is safety George Iloka and reports are already in the works regarding where Iloka could land in 2016. Mike Zimmer, current Vikings head coach and former Bengals defensive coordinator has been reportedly linked to being interested in Iloka.

 

"When you’re messing around in free agency, I think the more you know a player the better chance you have of being correct,’’ Zimmer said via TwinCities.com. "So for me, a lot of it has been familiarity. Not only me knowing them, but them knowing me and how I am. I think that’s an important part of the process."

 

And, interestingly Iloka indicated he "would love" to play for Zimmer, and former Bengals offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, too.

 

NFL Free Agency 2

If the Bengals have to choose, they keep Nelson and let Iloka leave. Can't keep them both.

If the Bengals have to choose, they keep Nelson and let Iloka leave. Can't keep them both.

 

People need to realize that Nelson is getting older and had a career year but probably will start to regress from here. He already showed regression in his tackling last year. That process of regressing will only continue and he will continue to lose a step.

  • Author
People need to realize that Nelson is getting older and had a career year but probably will start to regress from here. He already showed regression in his tackling last year. That process of regressing will only continue and he will continue to lose a step.

 

Agree

 

A Nelson resigning has to be team friendly. In other words, very little guaranteed money and for less money than he was making.

 

Iloka is probably gone...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.