Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous 10th Region Rankings

Featured Replies

  • Author
Best dressed coaches in the 10th?

Belcher. Followed by Mike Code with only 3 colored turtlenrcks

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top Parody twitter accounts that follow the unwritten parody account rules:

1- Brian Flaugher

2- Chris O'Hearn

3- JT Teegarden

4- Mac Whitaker

 

Best statistician:

Kenny Ray Haggard and Tony Sapp

 

Best Broadcasters:

1- bmustangs.com

2- WFTM

3- Augusta

4- BCSN

5- PCRO

(I am surprised some of the bigger schools do not have stations)

 

Best fans:

1- Paris

2- Calvary

3- Augusta

4- Maysville Bulldogs

5- Bracken County

(I don't even know about Mason County)

 

Concessions:

Tie between Fieldhouse popcorn and Igloo pulled pork

 

I love Kenny Ray!!! Who does he do stats for? Mason Co?

I love Kenny Ray!!! Who does he do stats for? Mason Co?

Yes, Mason Co.

Yes, Mason Co.

 

That cracks me up -- Kenny Ray is one of my favorite Kentuckians. They let a UL fan have that much responsibility at the Fieldhouse?

That cracks me up -- Kenny Ray is one of my favorite Kentuckians. They let a UL fan have that much responsibility at the Fieldhouse?

He once was my substitute teacher believe it or not!! Funny guy.

Danny Weddle and Jim Swinford (WFTM and WCYN) are professionals.

 

While they support their local high schools, they do a professional job.

 

The rest of us are amateurs attached at the hip to our schools/teams. I sit in on practice every day, counsel. coach, and rebound for our players. I tape ankles and tend to injuries when necessary, and make sure there is Gatorade on the bus. After the game I then return home to put the proper spin on the outcome of our game on the website on game nights. I live and die with the program. I go out after practice and games with the coaching staff, and we are best of friends.

 

I doubt sincerely that this relationship exists between Danny and the Royals, or Jim and the Breds.

 

Therefore we get emotionally caught up in our game in fan-style, and over-react to good plays/shots made by our players. I also take liberties with editorial comments that the pros would not get away with. In doing so, I am always cognizant of respecting our opponents. We are who we are, and they are who they are.

 

Believe me, the pros could slice and dice our broadcasts pointing our our shortcomings, and must cringe on those occasions when they do "tune in" to our efforts. I know that I often talk too fast and that I don't provide my color men enough input. I do try to make sure though, that anyone listening in can decipher the score, the time remaining, how many time-outs each team has, and sometimes even which way the possession arrow is pointing.

 

Danny and Jim amaze me that they are totally capable of painting a perfect picture while working solo. I'd find myself answering myself, or making comments about a statement that I just made were I in their shoes.

 

Hopefully, each of our fan bases appreciate the services that we each provide, I get lots of compliments on the fact that alums, friends, and parents and grandparents can listen in, and in that lies the reward for our efforts.

Danny Weddle and Jim Swinford (WFTM and WCYN) are professionals.

 

While they support their local high schools, they do a professional job.

 

The rest of us are amateurs attached at the hip to our schools/teams. I sit in on practice every day, counsel. coach, and rebound for our players. I tape ankles and tend to injuries when necessary, and make sure there is Gatorade on the bus. After the game I then return home to put the proper spin on the outcome of our game on the website on game nights. I live and die with the program. I go out after practice and games with the coaching staff, and we are best of friends.

 

I doubt sincerely that this relationship exists between Danny and the Royals, or Jim and the Breds.

 

Therefore we get emotionally caught up in our game in fan-style, and over-react to good plays/shots made by our players. I also take liberties with editorial comments that the pros would not get away with. In doing so, I am always cognizant of respecting our opponents. We are who we are, and they are who they are.

 

Believe me, the pros could slice and dice our broadcasts pointing our our shortcomings, and must cringe on those occasions when they do "tune in" to our efforts. I know that I often talk too fast and that I don't provide my color men enough input. I do try to make sure though, that anyone listening in can decipher the score, the time remaining, how many time-outs each team has, and sometimes even which way the possession arrow is pointing.

 

Danny and Jim amaze me that they are totally capable of painting a perfect picture while working solo. I'd find myself answering myself, or making comments about a statement that I just made were I in their shoes.

 

Hopefully, each of our fan bases appreciate the services that we each provide, I get lots of compliments on the fact that alums, friends, and parents and grandparents can listen in, and in that lies the reward for our efforts.

Just by reading I can tell you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

  • Author

That is why @Mustang you are the King of 10th Region broadcasting ^^

When we started broadcasting in Augusta we called upon Mustang to show us how it's done. Couldn't have asked for a better introduction into "the business." I have an absolute blast doing it. I will be the first to tell you, I live and die with my team. I get excited when we are doing well and get ticked off when they fall short of expectations. I will also give credit where credit is due. You roll in and lay a thumping on us, you will get praise from me. Besides, we're all just talking about kids, realizing that and making sure you remember that helps to keep things in perspective. The thing I like most about listening to Mustang is how relaxed he is. You'd think he was at home laying on his couch watching the game on tv. And if you don't like it, don't think you'll upset him because there's one thing that I remember from his "teachings," it's his stuff and he'll use it the way he sees fit!!

Best Team Mascot name????

 

The Big Trains baby!! Holy cow that's an awesome name.

 

Sorry Camels..... Yikes....

 

"Hey girl, I'm a camel!" Not impressing the ladies with that one, but "I'm a Big Train!" Yeaaaaaa. Big trains for sure.

  • Author

Best Mascots:

1- Polar Bears

2- Camels

3- Big Trains

Ale 8 availability in Mouth Sterling/Winchester a big plus!

Geographically Camels and Polar Bears didn't make the cut for me.....

 

1. Big Trains

2. Black Devils

3. Thorobreds

4. Royals

5. Mustangs

6. Saints (needs a facelift) I like Crusaders

7. Blue Jackets

8. Colonels

9. Panthers

10. Eagles

Matt does a great job.

 

Matt does an excellent job!

I know I'm in the minority and will probably be crucified by fellow 10th region fans. I'm not a big fan of the Fieldhouse popcorn. Never could understand all the fuss over it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.