Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)

Featured Replies

Where these concerns when Morgan was piling up 20 wins this year?

 

Oh, I've had these concerns for the last 10 years. I just get aggravated when tourney time comes around and we continue to lose. I don't live in MC (from there though), and my kids will not attend the school there, but I think for some that do live there, my voice may resignate. For others, maybe not. I don't expect 100% consensus. But I do think my rationale is pretty solid-long period of time, consistent poor performance as compared to peers.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How funny you come out of the woodwork now to voice your displeasure.

Personal agenda

I'll put it in a more positive way. Now would be a great time for Perry to step away and spend some time watching his son play in college as well as watch his daughters run track. Which if you are unaware, they are top in the state! Very good athletes like their mom.

How funny you come out of the woodwork now to voice your displeasure.

 

I did last year as well after they lost the regional finals game that I thought they should have won.

Personal agenda

 

Feel free to dispute my rationale. I think I was very clear.

Yes, my agenda is to have a better basketball program. Get more talented kids to actually come join the team, and create a better environment for the players. I think that would be a very good thing for MC.

They got better/more talented players from other countries not that long ago.

Coach Perry will make that decision not you. You haven't earned the right to tell him what to do. Your insight is funny at best.

Personal agenda

 

I have a much more robust rationale as well, but being a whistle-blower isn't my style.

They got better/more talented players from other countries not that long ago.

 

Can I "like" this a million times?

But enough didn't go in. And they lost. And better shot distribution leads to greater chances of winning. Essentially, your logic is like saying "I don't care if they shoot from half court if they go in". Do you understand that?

 

In looking at the season stats, it looks like those two players attempted 802 shots while the entire rest of the team took 615 shots.

Coach Perry will make that decision not you. You haven't earned the right to tell him what to do. Your insight is funny at best.

 

I think you might be surprised how insightful I really am.

In looking at the season stats, it looks like those two players attempted 802 shots while the entire rest of the team took 615 shots.

 

A premise with no conclusion???? And???

In looking at the season stats, it looks like those two players attempted 802 shots while the entire rest of the team took 615 shots.

 

So they took 57% of shots during regular season, and then 84% last night. Maybe if they hadn't deviated so far from the average they would have had a better shot of winning.

If you exclude their first 5-6 years in the 62nd when they didn't make it out of the district once, the numbers probably come closer to the mean. If they didn't get rid of him after that stretch, how could they now?

 

I think this is accurate. Elliott co has been the most consistent and generally produces 20+ wins per year. And you can count on either West or East being really good most years too. So it is a tough district for those 4 teams year in and year out. Like I said Perry is there as long as he wants to be. Only those who know the program well actually know how much time and effort he puts into the program. It is a year round effort on his part and he truly loves the kids of Morgan co. You win some and you lose some. Same as it is anywhere else. We all have things we would do as coaches sitting from the stands. But Perry has earned the right to step down when he feels like it I think. But that's just my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.