Everything posted by Jarvis
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Duly noted.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
HS scores are probably better because kids can drop out at that point. Not apples-to-apples comparison. How many is multiple? 3 or 4. I think I can count 4 in the last 15 years that played college basketball.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
There could be some competition of resources at the MS between sports and academics. And when you think about it, MC churns out a college ball player, what, every 10-15 years...if ever. Much higher likelihood of academic scholarships. They could be using resources more efficiently than the HS...IDK.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
You could be right Cats3x. No reason for me to beat a dead horse. Better luck next year!
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Lots of good points there. I probably am extrapolating too much into this single game, but it's hard to dispute the results of the last 11 years (23% win % in district tournament play). One would have to assume that the next 11 years will look very similar unless a change is made. That's all I'm saying.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Good insight Bball Legend. Enjoyed the dialogue by all. Here's to next year!
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
So they took 57% of shots during regular season, and then 84% last night. Maybe if they hadn't deviated so far from the average they would have had a better shot of winning.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
A premise with no conclusion???? And???
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I think you might be surprised how insightful I really am.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Can I "like" this a million times?
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I have a much more robust rationale as well, but being a whistle-blower isn't my style.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Feel free to dispute my rationale. I think I was very clear.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I did last year as well after they lost the regional finals game that I thought they should have won.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I'll put it in a more positive way. Now would be a great time for Perry to step away and spend some time watching his son play in college as well as watch his daughters run track. Which if you are unaware, they are top in the state! Very good athletes like their mom.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Oh, I've had these concerns for the last 10 years. I just get aggravated when tourney time comes around and we continue to lose. I don't live in MC (from there though), and my kids will not attend the school there, but I think for some that do live there, my voice may resignate. For others, maybe not. I don't expect 100% consensus. But I do think my rationale is pretty solid-long period of time, consistent poor performance as compared to peers.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Yes, my agenda is to have a better basketball program. Get more talented kids to actually come join the team, and create a better environment for the players. I think that would be a very good thing for MC.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
You got me there.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Do you prefer winning and holding people accountable for performance, or losing & making excuses?
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
But enough didn't go in. And they lost. And better shot distribution leads to greater chances of winning. Essentially, your logic is like saying "I don't care if they shoot from half court if they go in". Do you understand that?
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
So if you only look at the good years, his performance is better. Yea, that's rational. I don't think they will get rid of him. I'm just saying that his poor performance would justify it.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Because they shot a poor % and 84% of the shots came from 2 players. Duh.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I'm not slamming coaches or players. I think the players did a great job. But as a paid employee, I would expect better than annual bottom of the barrel production out of the head coach, though. Nothing is wrong with pointing out poor performance. That is what leads to improvement.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Trust me, if I was there, my analysis would be much more in depth. I only saw one game this year.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
I wasn't. That's just info from season stats and the box score.
-
Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)
Agree with you, but with 4 teams, if you are "average", you will win 50% of the time. MC is not even average. At 23% district tourney game win-rate, they have been the bottom of the barrel over an 11 year period. Lots of excuses can be made, but I would prefer a winning coach, not a losing one. Are my expectations too high?