Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 65 Morgan County 53 (62nd District Semifinals)

Featured Replies

As far as Perry, he seems to do a good job. To me, Morgan had the better player or two but Elliott has more players that contribute scoring. More balanced, which always helps in a one loss and you're done scenario.

 

Morgan has nothing to be ashamed about. Great season. To slam the coaches or players is an insult to the success they've had this year playing the same way.

 

I'm not slamming coaches or players. I think the players did a great job. But as a paid employee, I would expect better than annual bottom of the barrel production out of the head coach, though. Nothing is wrong with pointing out poor performance. That is what leads to improvement.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, if I was there, my analysis would be much more in depth. I only saw one game this year.

Then how in the hell do you know if the ball movement was poor or that shot selection was poor? Your agenda is obvious.

Agree with you, but with 4 teams, if you are "average", you will win 50% of the time. MC is not even average. At 23% district tourney game win-rate, they have been the bottom of the barrel over an 11 year period. Lots of excuses can be made, but I would prefer a winning coach, not a losing one. Are my expectations too high?

 

If you exclude their first 5-6 years in the 62nd when they didn't make it out of the district once, the numbers probably come closer to the mean. If they didn't get rid of him after that stretch, how could they now?

Then how in the hell do you know if the ball movement was poor or that shot selection was poor? Your agenda is obvious.

 

Because they shot a poor % and 84% of the shots came from 2 players. Duh.

If you exclude their first 5-6 years in the 62nd when they didn't make it out of the district once, the numbers probably come closer to the mean. If they didn't get rid of him after that stretch, how could they now?

 

So if you only look at the good years, his performance is better. Yea, that's rational. I don't think they will get rid of him. I'm just saying that his poor performance would justify it.

It really doesn't matter who took the shots. All that matters is how many of them went in. I don't care if one player took 100% of the shots as long as enough of them went in. I bet 84% of the shots wouldn't be an issue if Morgan County had won.

Because they shot a poor % and 84% of the shots came from 2 players. Duh.

Get outta here. You didn't see one shot.

So if you only look at the good years, his performance is better. Yea, that's rational. I don't think they will get rid of him. I'm just saying that his poor performance would justify it.

 

Perhaps the best Morgan team (arguably) of all was included in that group so I wouldn't say that through out the bad ones.

It's very obvious this is an attack against Coach Perry. No one knows the time spent in the gym working on skills. I for one appreciate his time & efforts. Elliott shot 55% from the floor with hands in their faces. Give Elliott some credit for making plays.

It really doesn't matter who took the shots. All that matters is how many of them went in. I don't care if one player took 100% of the shots as long as enough of them went in. I bet 84% of the shots wouldn't be an issue if Morgan County had won.

 

But enough didn't go in. And they lost. And better shot distribution leads to greater chances of winning. Essentially, your logic is like saying "I don't care if they shoot from half court if they go in". Do you understand that?

It's very obvious this is an attack against Coach Perry. No one knows the time spent in the gym working on skills. I for one appreciate his time & efforts. Elliott shot 55% from the floor with hands in their faces. Give Elliott some credit for making plays.

 

Do you prefer winning and holding people accountable for performance, or losing & making excuses?

But enough didn't go in. And they lost. And better shot distribution leads to greater chances of winning. Essentially, your logic is like saying "I don't care if they shoot from half court if they go in". Do you understand that?

And the fact remains, you never witnessed a single shot.

And the fact remains, you never witnessed a single shot.

 

You got me there.

Where these concerns when Morgan was piling up 20 wins this year?

Then how in the hell do you know if the ball movement was poor or that shot selection was poor? Your agenda is obvious.

 

Yes, my agenda is to have a better basketball program. Get more talented kids to actually come join the team, and create a better environment for the players. I think that would be a very good thing for MC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.