Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caucus's in Iowa , anyone have a Quarter ?

Featured Replies

Our Primary Race for Sheriff many years ago was tied...local GOP decided to use a single coin flip. Challenger called it and the incumbent won the coin flip and went on to win re-election in the fall.

I heard or read somewhere this morning that HRC won 6 coin flips in a row.

Falling in line with just how ridiculous the democrat primary has been in general ( really a coronation) is this dandy . Sometimes, Iowa Democrats award caucus delegates with a coin flip

 

While it may seem odd to use a coin toss to determine the outcome of an election, according to The Washington Post, 35 other states use the same method in event of a tie.

It's quite silly IMO, but it's not like this is something new. It's been the practice for quite a while now I believe.

  • Author

Yeah , absolute standard practice . I've been reading about coin flips deciding delegates my entire life but for some reason it struck me as interesting today. And the same candidate always wins the coin flips too.

What's the process?

 

Put coin on finger tip, flip upwards.

Put coin on finger tip, flip upwards.

 

Excellent way to decide who should be running our country. Why don't we just do this when we pick who we vote for in general? Idiocracy I tell ya.

Put coin on finger tip, flip upwards.

 

Glad you cleared that up, I was confused for a minute.

Glad you cleared that up, I was confused for a minute.

 

The real question is when we go to vote, do we have to provide our own quarter or will the government provide it for us?

 

I think they should provide it for us and if the left wins, they can raise taxes and charge us .28 cents for said quarter. If the right wins, they can lower taxes and we could make .3 cents on said quarter. Now that's my kind of gambling.

I heard or read somewhere this morning that HRC won 6 coin flips in a row.

 

 

1.56% chance of that happening. She's one lucky lady. I'd say it must be her destiny to be your next President.

1.56% chance of that happening. She's one lucky lady. I'd say it must be her destiny to be your next President.

 

Nothing like counting on pure luck to win an election. To hell with actually being the best candidate lol.

Heads I win Tails you lose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.