Former Evarts Player Killed

Dustin Mefford a senior running back on the 2005 Evarts football team was tragically killed in an ATV accident this evening near the community of Black Mountain outside of Evarts. Dustin was the leading rusher for Evarts last year and had graduated this past May. Our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to the Mefford family.

This is very sad, what a great player he was, and one my favorites last season, I love the way he played the game, he was such a tough hard nose old school football player. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Very sad, he was one heck of a player and I'm sure the same could be said for him as a person. He represented Evarts very well. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the Evarts community and May God Bless his family during this trying time.

I second everything that has been said in this thread. Dustin was truly the type of running back that like. He wouldn't wow you with jukes and cuts, he'd flat out run over ya. In fact, I was just watching the WYMT Pigskin preview video of Evarts on their website and it showed clips of him bulling over players last year when talking about replacing him. Truly a sad loss and thoughts and prayers go to his family, friends, and the entire Wildcat community.

Things like this should remind us all (me especially) that life is so precious and could be gone in the twinkling of an eye. It should teach us all (me especially) that some of the things that we all(me especially) get so bent out of shape about on here and in life in general is so trivial and doesnt amount to a hill of beans when compared to something like this. I pray that the LORD JESUS wrap his arms around this boy and shelter his heart broken family with the kind of comfort that only HE can provide. Im sure I speak I for all of Pikeville as well.