Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 In The State

Featured Replies

Well, of course it's early, but can we compile a Pre-Season top 10? Summer ball is pretty much over, and a lot of us have seen a good number of teams.

 

I'm sure that I am forgetting a few, but, in no order.......

 

Ballard

Louisville Male

LexCath

Scott County

South Laurel

PRP

Warren Central

Elizabethtown

Mason County

Holmes

 

There were some teams that are normally at the top that I haven't seen in a while (i.e. Henry Clay), so this list may be missing a few key components.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can put GRC in their they return most of their team from last year and I think by the end of last year they were one of the best teams in the state. I think they may have lost one starter.

Agree that GRC should be there...Will be better than last years team, with a very deep bench. With Mason Co in the same region the 10th should make some noise in the state tourney this year.

UHA has to be mentioned in this discussion, as well. Their junior class is extremely talented.

With Haddix, Scott Co would be #1 but I still think they are a top 5 team. I would also include South Laurel, Ballard, J-town, and Warren Central. Ballard has the state's best backcourt (Hamilton and Beckham). J-town has mr. b-ball candidate Coleman and some other strong contributers from last years title team. Warren Central is looking to sixth-peat in the 4th and they have most of their starters back including Anderson, Britt and Hood. South Laurel has their best player back in Proffitt (sorry Walt Allen.) And also Smith and Bowling. The Cards still have Walls, uk recruit Mackey and a bunch of other guys back like the big man Lee.

I agree that UHA, GRC and Henry Clay will both be in the mix of contenders, and I also think that Bryan Station will turn some heads this year.

I'd put Scott County at #1, but the rest is hard to rate but I would probabily put Warren Central at #2 they have alot of talent back.

  • Author

What does everyone think of LexCath? I was impressed when I saw them this summer, and they were mostly without Novosell. They were physical, defensive-minded, and had strong perimeter shooting.

GRC and Mason County battling for the 10th region title this year should lead to a very interesting season!

 

Scott County is loaded and should be very hungry for a state tourney run!

Well, of course it's early, but can we compile a Pre-Season top 10? Summer ball is pretty much over, and a lot of us have seen a good number of teams.

 

I'm sure that I am forgetting a few, but, in no order.......

 

Ballard

Louisville Male

LexCath

Scott County

South Laurel

PRP

Warren Central

Elizabethtown

Mason County

Holmes

 

There were some teams that are normally at the top that I haven't seen in a while (i.e. Henry Clay), so this list may be missing a few key components.

Ballard will be #1 ........ Not sure about Holmes ?????? I would add Louisville Central .....

Scott County will be preseason #1.

 

Others filling out the top 10 (no order):

 

Ballard

Bryan Station

Doss

Male

Lexington Catholic

South Laurel

Madison Central

Warren Central

Elizabethtown

 

Sfan..."Not sure about Holmes ?????? I would add Louisville Central".

 

Holmes has a great deal of talent and some depth returning. Louisville Central has lost their leader Leroy Nobles and lost nearly twice as many summer games as they won, including losing twice to South Oldham convincingly. The freshman class that was heralded is not developing and one of them is suspended for attitude issues. Please explain how Central is ahead of Holmes when Central is being mentioned on other boards as being one of the 5th to 9th teams just in their own region much less the state.

Doss will make noise this year. Brooks is a stud and Anderson is also a good player.

  • Author

A few teams that have been mentioned- Doss, Bryan Station, Madison Central- are very athetlic, but I don't know if they have the perimeter shooting to make a serious run.

There were better perimeter teams than J-Town in the the 7th Region and at the state tourney last year. The Chargers got it done.

  • Author
There were better perimeter teams than J-Town in the the 7th Region and at the state tourney last year. The Chargers got it done.

I don't mean that perimeter shooting is everything, but I don't know if those teams are balanced enough (as Jtown was).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.