Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 60 Cooper 46

Featured Replies

How many FGA did Sean McNeil have?

 

8-10...and that's being very generous......suffocating defense will do that. He worked hard for every shot he took.

 

He did have one of the SWEETEST drives and lay-ins with the opposite hand you'll ever see.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was WAAAAAAYYYY OFF in the prediction thread, and NewCath is WAY more impressive than I was expecting. We all know that Weyer is tough, but I had wrongly assumed beforehand that they might be lacking some compared to the past few season, but these guys are nothing to sneeze at. They come to play hard.

 

That's it, that's all you got on this one!!!!! You turning over a new leaf in 2016 with the length of your posts? :lol2:

 

BTW, nice seeing you tonight.

Hmm I read over my own statement and didn't realize I said we got screwed over...

 

Did the officials miss calls? Yes. Was it what did us in? No missed a lot of shots in first quarter and in general. Also left NCC open on a lot of threes. Please Clyde don't put words into my posts. Anyone who says the officials never screw up should probably consult an optometrist, but never said they were the reason we lost.

 

Cooper will get back to their winning ways. After all it is only our second loss

 

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Your history on here is filled with complaining about calls against Cooper. Hardly new, thus, the sarcastic comment.

32-30 at one point, correct? Then a couple of NCC 3s started the ball rolling.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Your history on here is filled with complaining about calls against Cooper. Hardly new, thus, the sarcastic comment.

Oh sorry guess I'm the only one who's ever complained about calls for or against their team. Thought this was a public forum for people to express their opinions.

Looks like there is still not a sheriff in the 9th. Wide open as much as 10th. Roller coaster ride for lots of fans for remainder of season! Got to love high school basketball.

Will the real 9th region leader please step up!

Great hoops season this year. Nice job Breds

NewCath is extremely tough at home

 

21-0, dating back to the 2pt. loss to CovCath on Jan. 10th, 2013

i read on here that this was a "rebuilding" year for New Cath...seriously folks? - with the best player in the region and coaching & wonderful athletes all around him? Perhaps they meant a new cafeteria or chapel...

That's it, that's all you got on this one!!!!! You turning over a new leaf in 2016 with the length of your posts? :lol2:

 

BTW, nice seeing you tonight.

 

A new leaf?

 

Not a chance.

 

Good to see you too LB...

 

 

...OK...I'll add that Weyer is a monster, and especially when watching him at floor level, Breds' perimeter shooting is a thing of beauty, and though I expected them to wear out on 'D' before game's end because the eye test makes the Jags appear to be the stronger bunch, Breds were impressive, and are obviously in fine physical shape to hang tough from start to finish.

 

Whereas I originally was thinking that the 9th Region this season belonged to CovCath, with Cooper and Holy Cross slightly behind them, there's no doubt that I've been underestimating NewCath, and that they've got what it takes too, if not more. If they keep playing like they did this evening it's not at all a stretch to be seeing them cutting down the nets.

 

Until tonight I had been thinking that CovCath would expose a big difference in team strength when they face each other at NKU in the Bluegrass Classic on Jan. 15th, but now I've no doubt that it'll be a much more tougher game than I was anticipating.

 

Just when I was starting to think that the men were sorta starting to separate themselves from the boys in the 9th, here come the Breds getting me confused all over again.

 

There might be a few tougher teams here and there around the state, but the 9th doesn't have to take a back seat to anybody, and I don't think there's a more competitive region in the state with so many teams with a solid chance at the prize.

 

The Breds made a believer in me tonight that they are right there in the thick of things.

Weyer is the Bell Cow but it sounds like the Anderson twins and Moeves were big tonight as well. The longer the season goes on the better NCC will get. Scary team for sure.

This was a WHOLE new team defensively compared to earlier in the season. Glad the breds finally realized that their problem was on the defensive side of the basketball.

Hey CooperSportsFan,

I didn't realize it was a foul to contact someone with your elbow. Weyer didn't rip thru or chin and turn with his elbows extended. The ball was above his head and he pivoted from viewing the baseline to viewing the offensive end of the floor for an outlet pass. There are always 3 perspectives: Fans, Coaches, Officials, and this is why Officials have the final say. btw The officials sure did tolerate a lot from Cooper Coach Sullivan.

Impressive win for Ncc. Congrats

Hey CooperSportsFan,

I didn't realize it was a foul to contact someone with your elbow. Weyer didn't rip thru or chin and turn with his elbows extended. The ball was above his head and he pivoted from viewing the baseline to viewing the offensive end of the floor for an outlet pass. There are always 3 perspectives: Fans, Coaches, Officials, and this is why Officials have the final say. btw The officials sure did tolerate a lot from Cooper Coach Sullivan.

 

Didn't know you could ride the hip of the player running down the court making contact. NCC was allowed a lot more physical contact than Cooper was. I'm not against a little contact but call it fairly at least.

 

He didn't get out of control, was usually asking for clarification. Did he get heated a few times? Yes but when you see contact not called one way but the other, coaches tend to defend their team. I've seen the coach from St Henry chew into an official longer than what should be allowed and slam his hands into a chair but get no T. I have yet to see Coach Sully get that crazy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.