Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Class of 2018

Featured Replies

I think this class is really good but I'm wondering if I'm overestimating it.

 

Here are the kids I know of that I think are or will be really good by 2018.

 

Cooper:

 

Kunkel

McNeil

 

CCH:

 

Mayer

Fredrick

Walter

Ruthsatz

Lenihan

 

NCC:

 

Hall

Pangallo

 

I know I'm leaving kids out.

 

Can this class be "special" by 9th region standards?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this class is really good but I'm wondering if I'm overestimating it.

 

Here are the kids I know of that I think are or will be really good by 2018.

 

Cooper:

 

Kunkel

McNeil

 

CCH:

 

Mayer

Fredrick

Walter

Ruthsatz

Lenihan

 

NCC:

 

Hall

Pangallo

 

I know I'm leaving kids out.

 

Can this class be "special" by 9th region standards?

 

No offense to Pangallo but not sure he has made much of an impact yet. I know the skill and talent are there and expect him to be a very good HS player. .

 

Posey for Highlands IMO should be considered a top player in the this class. Great basketball IQ, very quick and can score.

  • Author
No offense to Pangallo but not sure he has made much of an impact yet. I know the skill and talent are there and expect him to be a very good HS player. .

 

Posey for Highlands IMO should be considered a top player in the this class. Great basketball IQ, very quick and can score.

 

I'm not talking about just those who have made a varsity impact. Lenihan hasn't made an impact but anyone that watches him knows he will. Projecting down the road.

 

Posey - forgot about him. Nice guard.

Noah Shidler - Boone

Nolan Schrand - Holy Cross

Tyler Schreck - Dixie

 

Just to add a few more.

Boone County is going to have very strong 2018 class. Several of them are getting thrown into the fire this season. Several of the names you will be hearing about is Shidler, Haynes and Robbins.

Noah Shidler - Boone

Nolan Schrand - Holy Cross

Tyler Schreck - Dixie

 

Just to add a few more.

 

I know the competition hasn't been great, but he has put up 20, 30, and 20 in his past three games. Interested to see how he progresses these next two years.

Rico Hollis of Newport also needs to be mentioned. His quickness at both ends makes him extremely tough to go against.

 

I think LJ Miller of Holmes can be one of the better players in that c/o 2018 as well. Him and Raavai Commodore will form a really good back court for Holmes.

 

Brayden Runion with Chris McNeil and Adam Kunkel at Cooper forms one of the better trios in the region for this class.

 

He probably gets overlooked because he's at Beechwood but Ben Toebbe is having a solid sophomore season as well with 11.5 ppg and 5 rpg.

I know the competition hasn't been great, but he has put up 20, 30, and 20 in his past three games. Interested to see how he progresses these next two years.

 

Noah still has an upside to his game. Very athletic, strong and his shot is becoming more consistent. Look for Noah to keep growing his game and carry a big load for Boone.

  • Author

Kunkel and Fredrick are both shooting around 50% from 3.

Rico Hollis of Newport also needs to be mentioned. His quickness at both ends makes him extremely tough to go against.

 

I think LJ Miller of Holmes can be one of the better players in that c/o 2018 as well. Him and Raavai Commodore will form a really good back court for Holmes.

 

Brayden Runion with Chris McNeil and Adam Kunkel at Cooper forms one of the better trios in the region for this class.

 

He probably gets overlooked because he's at Beechwood but Ben Toebbe is having a solid sophomore season as well with 11.5 ppg and 5 rpg.[/quote

 

LJ Miller is a very good call. He played some quality minutes last night against Scott and is seeing more and more Varsity minutes.

No offense to Pangallo but not sure he has made much of an impact yet. I know the skill and talent are there and expect him to be a very good HS player.

 

Stephen has BIG shoes to fill. When you have 5 uncles, 3 cousins, & a father who all played the point/shooting guard up on the "hill", and each with HUGE success, that's a lot of pressure on the young man.

Stephen has BIG shoes to fill. When you have 5 uncles, 3 cousins, & a father who all played the point/shooting guard up on the "hill", and each with HUGE success, that's a lot of pressure on the young man.

 

He should be fine, I havent seen him play in a while but he has always been very skilled with the rock just like all the Pangallos.

Kunkel and Fredrick are both shooting around 50% from 3.

 

All names on thread with 10+ 3pt shots and 40%+ shooting from the arc (Khsaa). Every team has a best defender they should put on good shooters.

Kunkel - 24-46 52%. 13 games

Shidler - 24-47 51%. 12

C.McNeil - 11-23 48% 13

Hall - 13-28 46% 11

Fredrick - 16-36 44% 13

Ruthsatz - 15-36 42%. 13

Stephen has BIG shoes to fill. When you have 5 uncles' date=' 3 cousins, & a father who all played the point/shooting guard up on the "hill", and each with HUGE success, that's a lot of pressure on the young man.[/quote']

 

He's only the 10th??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.