UK Basketball tickets on Stubhub

CBDV

Student tickets are $5. You are supposed to have a student ID to get in so I'm not sure how they can sell them to anyone other than another student.

Would a $5 ticket be worth selling on StubHub? And surely StubHub/UK/NCAA/Etc. isn't letting a student profit from a discounted ticket, correct?

All student tickets cost $5.00. Other than first few games the students enter a lottery to get the chance to purchase a ticket. There are student seats in Eruption zone as well as lower lever and upper level. For the UL game the Oldest TACster hit the lottery and scored tickets 6 rows up near the foul line. His buddy sold his for $700.00. Oldest says you do need a student ID but if you look like a student they normally don't bother to check.

Everyone I want/can purchase says they are student tickets and you must have a student ID.

I didn't know there was students tickets outside the Erupption Zone?

There are more student seats outside of the erruption zone than there are in it. I forget the section numbers but they are adjacent to the erruotion zone in lower and upper levels.

As far as needing a student ID, I'm not sure how that works now, but in the past they did not require a student ID when the students were on break, like they are now. To be sure I would just call ukathletics office and just ask them though before purchasing anything.

Everyone I want/can purchase says they are student tickets and you must have a student ID.

I didn't know there was students tickets outside the Erupption Zone?

There are more student seats outside of the erruption zone than there are in it. I forget the section numbers but they are adjacent to the erruotion zone in lower and upper levels.

As far as needing a student ID, I'm not sure how that works now, but in the past they did not require a student ID when the students were on break, like they are now. To be sure I would just call ukathletics office and just ask them though before purchasing anything.

Scratching my head here, how much do student tickets cost the student? Should they be able to be resold?

Some students that win the lottery sell their tickets to other students for income. I don't agree with it, if they don't want to go to the game they shouldn't put in for the lottery, IMO.

However during Christmas break, a lot of student tickets are unsold, so the ticket office will actually sell them to the general public. They are still considered student tickets, but in the past these tickets did not require you to have a student id.

I mistakenly bought Student tix for the last home game last year VS Florida .. I REALLY wanted to use them as they were lowers but after much research and many opinions didn't attempt to use them .. I sold them for a little less than I paid and bought 2 others .. The opinions I heard was that it was very hard to get in the student gate as they do check student ID's .

I've heard that scalpers buy the good lower level tickets from students and somehow swap bar codes from a legit Upper level "cheap seat" ticket. So you then have a legit ticket for a lower level seat, but sacrifice the upper level ticket.