Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hendricks out for Conner!

Featured Replies

Hunter Hendricks of Conner left tonight's game against Ryle with a knee injury. After missing all of last season with a torn ACL, she hurt her knee (not really sure which knee was) but she went up for a rebound and one of the Ryle players fell on top of her legs. Hendricks was slow to get up, but got on her own power and jogged off the court. No telling how long she will be out but left the game on crutches. Prayers to Hunter and hopefully she can return to the Cougars. Big blow for the Cougars!

That's a tough break for her she has been doing well, after she was out last year. Hope it's not too serious, and she's back for the season.

I hate to see this! Really enjoy watching her play. Hopeful for a quick recovery!

Hunter Hendricks of Conner left tonight's game against Ryle with a knee injury. After missing all of last season with a torn ACL, she hurt her knee (not really sure which knee was) but she went up for a rebound and one of the Ryle players fell on top of her legs. Hendricks was slow to get up, but got on her own power and jogged off the court. No telling how long she will be out but left the game on crutches. Prayers to Hunter and hopefully she can return to the Cougars. Big blow for the Cougars!

 

Quick thought ... not trying to stir anything up ...

But ... why would you (or anyone else) share injury information on the internet for a high school player?

 

I understand that it would probably get out anyway ... but I don't understand why this kind of thing happens ... so often.

 

First .. opponents don't need to know anything about the other team's injuries

Second .. not sure how good this young lady is .. injuries still freak prospective colleges out a little (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be).

Last .. It this is a season ending injury ... athletes are already significantly upset about their injury .. and the last thing they want is to have to read about it on the internet.

 

So I know that isn't what you were trying to accomplish .. but I am interested in why you would want to put this information out there.

Quick thought ... not trying to stir anything up ...

But ... why would you (or anyone else) share injury information on the internet for a high school player?

 

I understand that it would probably get out anyway ... but I don't understand why this kind of thing happens ... so often.

 

First .. opponents don't need to know anything about the other team's injuries

Second .. not sure how good this young lady is .. injuries still freak prospective colleges out a little (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be).

Last .. It this is a season ending injury ... athletes are already significantly upset about their injury .. and the last thing they want is to have to read about it on the internet.

 

So I know that isn't what you were trying to accomplish .. but I am interested in why you would want to put this information out there.

 

So a whole gym full of people witness it and somehow it is not righteous to share it?

Quick thought ... not trying to stir anything up ...

But ... why would you (or anyone else) share injury information on the internet for a high school player?

 

I understand that it would probably get out anyway ... but I don't understand why this kind of thing happens ... so often.

 

First .. opponents don't need to know anything about the other team's injuries

Second .. not sure how good this young lady is .. injuries still freak prospective colleges out a little (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be).

Last .. It this is a season ending injury ... athletes are already significantly upset about their injury .. and the last thing they want is to have to read about it on the internet.

 

So I know that isn't what you were trying to accomplish .. but I am interested in why you would want to put this information out there.

 

My guess is because many of us that follow this thread know Hunter and what happened last year. Its a sad story and we all hate it for her. Most of us care what's going on and this is an avenue for this kind of information.

 

As far as your reasons for not posting...opponents are going to know, if not by now, as soon as the next game is played and she's not dressed. You can't hide injuries. Word travels fast. Teams scout.

 

As far as Colleges...if she is getting interest, the colleges looking at her are going to know already or very soon. If they are interested, they are all over you and have been for awhile by the time you are a senior. You can't hide injuries from colleges. It is what it is. They will know, regardless if it's on BGP or not. I hope someone is aware of what she's capable of and has seen her play healthy and gives her a chance at the next level.

 

As far as reading about it on the internet...I think it might be the opposite effect when she sees how many people actually care and support her. I would have to think most are going to be very sympathetic and let her know they are thinking about her.

 

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think its a bad thing at all. Just my opinion.

If you haven't already figured it out yet, Bluegrass is the premier "man's soap opera" sport page. As long as we have social media, people love drama and will talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. But also makes for a great prayer chain, so prayers to Hunter on a quick recovery!!!

Quick thought ... not trying to stir anything up ...

But ... why would you (or anyone else) share injury information on the internet for a high school player?

 

I understand that it would probably get out anyway ... but I don't understand why this kind of thing happens ... so often.

 

First .. opponents don't need to know anything about the other team's injuries

Second .. not sure how good this young lady is .. injuries still freak prospective colleges out a little (not anywhere near as bad as it used to be).

Last .. It this is a season ending injury ... athletes are already significantly upset about their injury .. and the last thing they want is to have to read about it on the internet.

 

So I know that isn't what you were trying to accomplish .. but I am interested in why you would want to put this information out there.

 

You understand that you are on a KY high school sports chat website, right?! :idunno:

If you haven't already figured it out yet, Bluegrass is the premier "man's soap opera" sport page. As long as we have social media, people love drama and will talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. But also makes for a great prayer chain, so prayers to Hunter on a quick recovery!!!

 

...and with it being such a premier page, wouldn't it be great if everyone purchased a Premium Membership to start off 2016 !

I got no problem, other than the negative report BEFORE anything is looked at. I don't think assuming and reporting the worst before you actually know for sure is wise. It is just as fair to assume the best, until she is examined. For now, let's say Hunter is fine and will be back soon!

Hunter is back in action. Had 5 3s yesterday.

Hunter is back in action. Had 5 3s yesterday.

 

Fantastic!

Hunter is back in action. Had 5 3s yesterday.

 

Good for her! Saw her in uniform as I was leaving the gym today! Now if they beat Brossart this afternoon, it's fine with me if she leaves the gun in the holster tomorrow!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.