Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 2016

Featured Replies

What are the thoughts on Mayfield for 2016?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be good, maybe better than this year.

With the addition of Giron to the linemen pool, MF should be very solid upfront on both sides of the ball. Linebackers are crazy good with Tapia back from injury. Bright and L. Arnett are givens. The only real question marks are receiver and kicker. There's talk that Kent Trey Matthews might line up at receiver and I for one would love to see it. Who knows, you might even see Bright out wide or in the slot occasionally catching some of those bubble screens with Tyler in the backfield. I expect you will hear the names Harrison, Lumson, and Murrell quite a bit next season. If the young receivers can step up and we can find a kicker, the sky is the limit.

I agree, we will be good next year. I might get hammered for saying this because he just won MVP of the state championship game, but our QB is going to have to be more consistent than he was this year...especially with a new receiving corps. If you have seen all of our games this year, I think you will know what I am trying to say. Our offense struggled at times this year, and it was our defense that refused to lose...that has to change...not the defense, the offense.

I heard that the kicking game is gonna be good, he will be a freshman, but I am hearing he is the real deal.

What's the over/under for posts on this thread by August 1, 2016?

I agree, we will be good next year. I might get hammered for saying this because he just won MVP of the state championship game, but our QB is going to have to be more consistent than he was this year...especially with a new receiving corps. If you have seen all of our games this year, I think you will know what I am trying to say. Our offense struggled at times this year, and it was our defense that refused to lose...that has to change...not the defense, the offense.

How about Fox as a receiver, and I think Kyle hurt would make a great reciever, the kind that would make the tuff catches and would not be denied the ball, he'd get it or no one would!

Our future is brighter than ever! Freshman class is very good and our 8th grade made it to the championship game. We will be a contender for a while. Reload and win!

What's the over/under for posts on this thread by August 1, 2016?

 

I predict at least 6 regarding some perceived slight as we get closer to August. Somebody is going to find something to cry "disrespect" over.

I knew if I mentioned names, I would leave someone out. Yes, Fox will play some receiver and I agree Hurt would make a great TE/slot/possession receiver. K Arnett and Workman would do a great job in that role as well. Wouldn't it be great if Stephen Hatchel were around to help sort it all out?

I predict at least 6 regarding some perceived slight as we get closer to August. Somebody is going to find something to cry "disrespect" over.

 

Did you leave someone in charge of holding down the muffed-punt thread while you came over here? You know you can't leave that thing unattended and let it get off the front page.

Did you leave someone in charge of holding down the muffed-punt thread while you came over here? You know you can't leave that thing unattended and let it get off the front page.

 

LOL. Yeah, I paid some kid to sign in under to my name to make sure that nobody disagreed with us. Now come on, you know that Guru is a Beechwood guy. The only post that I have in there is that the rule is referred to as the "momentum rule." Go look it up, true fact. I didn't see anything in that game that tells me that NewCath scores again after that long TD pass caught Mayfield by surprise. Even if they get the ball at the 20, I don't see them going 80 yards for a TD and then scoring on another possession. They just didn't have the offense. I still see Mayfield winning 10-7 at worst if that call is not messed up.

I agree, we will be good next year. I might get hammered for saying this because he just won MVP of the state championship game, but our QB is going to have to be more consistent than he was this year...especially with a new receiving corps. If you have seen all of our games this year, I think you will know what I am trying to say. Our offense struggled at times this year, and it was our defense that refused to lose...that has to change...not the defense, the offense.

 

I am not going to hammer you, or even disagree with you. You are right. However, I want to say this too.....the kid plays thru his mistakes. Some kids don't. But he most certainly does. He believes in himself. That is a pretty special quality, and we are lucky to have him. Also, never seen even a hint that his teammates also don't believe in him. If we can't have a quaterback who is perfect, give me one just like the one we have.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.