Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Concealed Carry Permit

Featured Replies

I have at times thought about getting my CCW. I currently do not own a hand gun so I would have to purchase one, but this is besides the point.

 

When I asked a friend about whether he had a CCW, his response was, "That's one list I don't want to be on." He meant that he didn't want the government to have his name on a list of CCW permit owners. I guess he thinks that there could come a time when this would garner him attention from the government that he doesn't want to have.

 

I don't esp. like the government knowing what firearms I own because i don't think it is their business. I have a few guns that were passed on to me long ago before you had to register firearm purchases with the government.

 

What attention from the government does having a CCW get you? What are the ramifications of getting a CCW?

 

BTW, I don't feel the NEED to carry at most times. In other words, I am not afraid that I will become a crime victim in the places that I most frequent. Though, occasionally, I would like to carry, for instance, when in the woods and miles from anyone--the movie "Deliverance" still haunts me. :ohbrother:

Sounds like your friend is the paranoid type. JMO, of course.

  • Author

^ I agree, @TheDeuce... probably a little bravado in his statement too.

 

You said you are soon to get your permit. Is there any downside to getting your CCW? Do you think it draws any attention to you that you do not want to have?

^ I agree, @TheDeuce... probably a little bravado in his statement too.

 

You said you are soon to get your permit. Is there any downside to getting your CCW? Do you think it draws any attention to you that you do not want to have?

 

I can't think of any downside. No one knows you have it unless for some reason you offer it to them (which there's no reason to). The government already "tracks" us, owning a gun isn't going to change that.

I do think owning a CCW does put you on a special list in the eyes of the law. I was cruising a few MPH over the limit down 27 one day. After being stopped, as the trooper walked back to his car he shuffled my license under my CCW. He stopped in his tracks, shrugged his shoulders and walked back to the car and asked me to politely watch my speed. No ticket.

If this country ever comes to the point where they are tracking down legal, innocent gun owners and those that possess a CCW permit we are in some deep do do.

My friend runs a CCW business and it is booming. He had 20 people sign up last weekend alone.

The process could take up to two months, and just because you have your CCDW permit doesn't mean you have to carry, it just affords you that option. 180,000 background checks on black friday alone, if the government is keeping a special list they are not checking it twice.

I can say I probably won't carry 100% of the time when I have my permit, but it will definitely be the majority of the time.

I can say I probably won't carry 100% of the time when I have my permit, but it will definitely be the majority of the time.

 

I have mine and I carry the majority of the time. I especially do when I go to places with a lot of people, a mall, etc.

  • Author

On a related issue, someone mentioned that the Commonwealth of KY checks the background of people who have purchased a firearm from a retail establishment several times, they re-visit it at a later date.

 

I thought that once the background check was completed and a person was determined eligible to purchase a firearm that the background check info was discarded or otherwise not available for scrutiny again.

 

Can someone clear up my confusion on this?

On a related issue, someone mentioned that the Commonwealth of KY checks the background of people who have purchased a firearm from a retail establishment several times, they re-visit it at a later date.

 

I thought that once the background check was completed and a person was determined eligible to purchase a firearm that the background check info was discarded or otherwise not available for scrutiny again.

 

Can someone clear up my confusion on this?

 

It's because you are a list...see any connection ? I don't disagree with your friend. The government, in whatever entity is has access, will obtain a list. Let's say that you have an administration that thinks that gun control and reduction of personal arms is a good idea, and they need to figure out a way to recall a newly banned weapon wouldn't the easiest way to do that be to get a regionalized list of owners of guns ? Wouldn't one way to get a list be go to the CCW listing ?

 

I do not believe this to be paranoid thinking any more than I do not believe that the government should have meta-data readily available from commercial sources.

  • Author

^ that would be the easiest, most efficient way to do it.

 

So, I don't expect the government to figure that out (jk).

 

Thanks for voicing the other perspective.

The hardest part about the CCW permit is finding a holster your comfortable with.:lol2:

 

AS for the government knowing my biz, I've got nothing to hide. And on a similar note, if it ever reached the point I had to hide, I'm certain I could.:walk:

The hardest part about the CCW permit is finding a holster your comfortable with.:lol2:

 

AS for the government knowing my biz, I've got nothing to hide. And on a similar note, if it ever reached the point I had to hide, I'm certain I could.:walk:

 

....or do you ? Hmmm.....

....or do you ? Hmmm.....

 

Just the weapon sir.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.