Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren and Fayette County Schools

Featured Replies

How Exciting! 4 schools ( Bowling Green, South Warren, Lexington Catholic and Lafayette ) , 2 counties ( Warren and Fayette ). Exciting times for LexCath and Lafayette considering they are only 1 mile apart. Not sure about the distance between SW and BG but I am sure that county is really jacked and pumped for their community. Good luck to all 4 teams.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for Pike County?

 

Two Schools and already one trophy in the case

  • Author
No love for Pike County?

 

Two Schools and already one trophy in the case

Aahhhh correct Sir. Sorry Pike County, congrats Pikeville and good luck Belfry.

No love for Pike County?

 

Two Schools and already one trophy in the case

 

 

4 of the 6 classes (counting Pulaski as mountain) have a mountain school in the final, and 6A has no mountain schools at all. Pretty impressive.

How Exciting! 4 schools ( Bowling Green, South Warren, Lexington Catholic and Lafayette ) , 2 counties ( Warren and Fayette ). Exciting times for LexCath and Lafayette considering they are only 1 mile apart. Not sure about the distance between SW and BG but I am sure that county is really jacked and pumped for their community. Good luck to all 4 teams.

 

I hear what you are saying but I don't think "Fayette County Schools" deserve much, if any, credit.

I hear what you are saying but I don't think "Fayette County Schools" deserve much, if any, credit.

 

Have to agree with Guru on this one. You have Lexington Catholic (not a fayette County School System School) and Lafayette, (the school for kids that want to go to Catholic and can not afford it.)

Have to agree with Guru on this one. You have Lexington Catholic (not a fayette County School System School) and Lafayette, (the school for kids that want to go to Catholic and can not afford it.)

 

First and foremost, great job Lafayette on making the finals, it is a great achievement and I will be rooting for a competitive game.

 

Now on to business, Fayette County Football is basically a joke, a bunch of talent, no defense, and almost nothing to show for it. Furthermore, Lafayette plays in the weak side of the 6A bracket, Scott County went the wrong direction this year, and NKY 6A was weak this year. In other words, Lafayette making the finals really doesn't say anything about the Fayette County system being good or bad in football terms.

 

On LexCath, they are "independent" and obviously far superior given their size.

  • Author
Have to agree with Guru on this one. You have Lexington Catholic (not a fayette County School System School) and Lafayette, (the school for kids that want to go to Catholic and can not afford it.)

HUH? :sarcastic:

  • Author
First and foremost, great job Lafayette on making the finals, it is a great achievement and I will be rooting for a competitive game.

 

Now on to business, Fayette County Football is basically a joke, a bunch of talent, no defense, and almost nothing to show for it. Furthermore, Lafayette plays in the weak side of the 6A bracket, Scott County went the wrong direction this year, and NKY 6A was weak this year. In other words, Lafayette making the finals really doesn't say anything about the Fayette County system being good or bad in football terms.

 

On LexCath, they are "independent" and obviously far superior given their size.

 

I'll tend to agree.. On the above portion of your post.

 

First and foremost, great job Lafayette on making the finals, it is a great achievement and I will be rooting for a competitive game.

 

Now on to business, Fayette County Football is basically a joke, a bunch of talent, no defense, and almost nothing to show for it. Furthermore, Lafayette plays in the weak side of the 6A bracket, Scott County went the wrong direction this year, and NKY 6A was weak this year. In other words, Lafayette making the finals really doesn't say anything about the Fayette County system being good or bad in football terms.

 

On LexCath, they are "independent" and obviously far superior given their size.

 

On NKY I would have said "as usual," instead of "this year."

 

Although I will say that SK 2009 was probably the best chance NKY had in the last decade.

On NKY I would have said "as usual," instead of "this year."

 

Although I will say that SK 2009 was probably the best chance NKY had in the last decade.

 

I make a distinction between average and weak.

Comment on Fayette County overall. The overall school system and BOE is not very friendly to football it seems. So when Lafayette under Coach Shaw or Bryan Station does better that is almost all on the coach, staff, and local school support. The middle school level is still not where the rest of the state is and it shows.

In recognizing George Ewens contributions at LexCath, I forgot that George will have to be watching over two schools this weekend.

 

George was an alumni of Lafayette. And, he helped promote a number of the their football players and worked with them to get to the next level. So, even though he was on staff at LexCath he always tried to look out for his old school and their players.

I make a distinction between average and weak.

 

Ah, well I can definitely see it from that perspective.

Just a quick comment on Fayette County not playing any defense, I think the final scores make people think this. The truth is Fayette County has had some big time game breakers on offense and that has lead to some huge plays. Another thing is I think a lot of talented players are staying on the offensive side of the ball and the defense is suffering.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.