Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle at Mason County Predictions

Who wins? 18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This should be a good game Saturday afternoon in Maysville, will be a good test for the Lady Royals who didn't play well on Wednesday night.

 

Thoughts and predictions on who wins?

Ryle will still be catching their breath from playing SK. That plus 3 games in 5 days. Expect a weary Ryle squad. I expect Mason County to win comfortably.

No way they win comfortably. I don't buy the "weary" thing with high school athletes. These are 16-18 year old kids that recover in a day. Several of these kids are used to playing multiple games in one day in AAU! Unless they play multiple games in the same day, I don't buy the "tired" excuse. Heck, some teams practice harder and longer than games take. So a game on Thursday, a light practice today and then a game on Saturday at the beginning of the season should have very little impact on high school athletes. If they lose its because MC played better that day.

This looks like an even money matchup. If you want to see two good early season girls teams go at it, get yourself to the Fieldhouse.

  • Author
This looks like an even money matchup. If you want to see two good early season girls teams go at it, get yourself to the Fieldhouse.

 

Girls gym downtown, should be a good atmosphere even though I am not a fan of the girls gym.

No way they win comfortably. I don't buy the "weary" thing with high school athletes. These are 16-18 year old kids that recover in a day. Several of these kids are used to playing multiple games in one day in AAU! Unless they play multiple games in the same day, I don't buy the "tired" excuse. Heck, some teams practice harder and longer than games take. So a game on Thursday, a light practice today and then a game on Saturday at the beginning of the season should have very little impact on high school athletes. If they lose its because MC played better that day.

 

Completely agree on the "weary" feelings. I doubt anyone is going to come into this game weary. I will say I'm excited to watch some of the match ups on the floor. I don't know many of the names from Ryle, but I have watched enough tape to know it'll be a fun game. With that said, if both teams play to their potential, I think the lady Royals take it by 8-10 points, that score including the ridiculous amount of free throws I see given at the end of games. Should be a close one, and a great competition!

Girls gym downtown, should be a good atmosphere even though I am not a fan of the girls gym.

 

I knew that...what was I thinking ? Will the heat be on ?

  • Author
I knew that...what was I thinking ? Will the heat be on ?

 

It was on Wednesday, so I would say it will be tomorrow.

I knew that...what was I thinking ? Will the heat be on ?

 

Probably depends on how they scouted Ryle...are they a hot or cold weather team!

MC by 14

The heat is always on in the girls gym!

No way they win comfortably. I don't buy the "weary" thing with high school athletes. These are 16-18 year old kids that recover in a day. Several of these kids are used to playing multiple games in one day in AAU! Unless they play multiple games in the same day, I don't buy the "tired" excuse. Heck, some teams practice harder and longer than games take. So a game on Thursday, a light practice today and then a game on Saturday at the beginning of the season should have very little impact on high school athletes. If they lose its because MC played better that day.

 

AAU != High School Competition. Not nearly the same level of intensity. We shall see.

AAU != High School Competition. Not nearly the same level of intensity. We shall see.

 

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying AAU (or select basketball) doesn't have the same level of intensity as high school basketball?? If that's what your saying, I totally disagree.

 

Secondly, just the exhaustion of playing 2-3 games in a day vs an hour of high school basketball. You really think it's more exhausting to play one high school game?? Physically??

Ryle's point guard is only 13, so if there is some sort of "increased fatigue with age" calculation, she should be running circles around all the "elderly" 16-18 year olds.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.