Paintsville vs Pikeville Semi Finals 1A

Blue_bird96

Paintsville or Pikeville who wins??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Paintsville or Pikeville who wins??

It wouldn't be to Paintsville's advantage to go from a natural surface to astro turf.

Same thought here. The advantage might be a good prep for the state finals on turf, but the negative is Pikeville always plays on turf and would seem to be better suited.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither is the same team that played earlier this year

Paintsville was without Phelps who has turned into a stellar RB

Pikeville made a change at QB that has really helped them and Pugh was maybe 70% that game.

I am just going to throw some love to the Panthers and hope both Pike County teams go to Bowling Green

Pikeville 22

Paintsville 21

Pikeville steals a 2 point conversion during regulation by making the Tigers jump offsides on an XP.

Neither is the same team that played earlier this year

Paintsville was without Phelps who has turned into a stellar RB

Pikeville made a change at QB that has really helped them and Pugh was maybe 70% that game.

I am just going to throw some love to the Panthers and hope both Pike County teams go to Bowling Green

Pikeville 22

Paintsville 21

Pikeville steals a 2 point conversion during regulation by making the Tigers jump offsides on an XP.

Pugh should of been 100% in this game but after is when he was not 100%.

Mark my words, this "bend not break" defensive performance by Paintsville will snap in half against Pikeville. Panthers hunt in the dark, and darkness will be cast over Paintsville Friday night. 42-35 Pikeville. The Dark Panther Rises.

Paintsvilles D will break? Im pretty sure we saw this Pikeville team the first time we played but yet all you hear is Pikeville has been playing "lights out since the Belfry game"! "They're a different team" Really? Oh against South Floyd? Or Phelps? And Williamsburg and Lynn camp oh and Pike Central? They've faced 2 strong D lines this year! How'd those work out?

Paintsvilles D will break? Im pretty sure we saw this Pikeville team the first time we played but yet all you hear is Pikeville has been playing "lights out since the Belfry game"! "They're a different team" Really? Oh against South Floyd? Or Phelps? And Williamsburg and Lynn camp oh and Pike Central? They've faced 2 strong D lines this year! How'd those work out?

And hello to you too. Just saying what I think the outcome will be, both defenses are not the best, but IMO Paintstville's will be the one to give up one more score than the other, hence my predicted score of 42-35. although this will definitely be a much more quality team than those Pikeville has had to face in the playoffs so far (they've had the easiest path to the semifinals out of all 1A teams), it will be a test to see if they can continue what they are doing against others to the big dogs.

I keep hearing the same old song and dance from the boys down US 23. New and improved. Players are now 100% who were hurt in the first game. Strapem' up and let's get it on! Tigers still find a way to win against all opponents. Be it one point or thirty. Tigers will find a way to win Friday! By at least one point!

this year i have been fortunate to watch 8 high school football games on Friday nights.6 out of the 8 games i saw hazard play 2 times,paintsville 2 times,and Pikeville 2 times.all 3 very fine football teams.all very entertaining to watch.i would of liked to seen a game between Paintsville and hazard.i always felt like the only difference in these 2 teams was kash daniels.now for the Pikeville and Paintsville game.jmo the team with the fewest turnovers and fewest penalties will win this game.but i will also say i think Paintsville will have to control the amount of time that pikevilles offense stays on the field.if they don't do this one thing i think Paintsville chance of winning is small.good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries.