Paintsville vs Pikeville Semi Finals 1A

Blue_bird96

Paintsville or Pikeville who wins??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Paintsville or Pikeville who wins??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for this game to have a bit more finess than the regular season match up. Due to Timble from Paintsville and Battaile from Pikeville, having more involvment in their offenses. These two teams and Russellville and Beechwood, may quite possibly make up the most tallented final four 1A teams that have been pitted against each other in the six class era. Very well rounded teams that can put up big offensive numbers and defenses that can stop you with out crowding the box, or running a nickel or dime secondary packages. This game should have an entirely different outlook than the last. I dont think a lopsided win for either team is possible. I think Paintsville had their "hick up" against the Rams, inwhich they hurt themselves a few times. Their game at Paris wasnt as close as the score indicated and had the starters played more in the second half, the final score is likely to be high 50s/60s to Paris' low teens. Paris had speed all over the place and Paintsville neutralized it with speed and physicality. Pikevilke has the same speed as Paris, but is more balanced and much more physical. I cant see this game being anything more than one for the ages and will be talked about for a long time. With all this said...

Paintsville 35

Pikeville 28

I think this will be a close game once again. I think Paintsville has the advantage because their best player and athlete is also their qb. IMO he will be the best athlete on the field and will be involved in every offensive play for the Tigers and I'm afraid this gives them the edge. I hope I'm wrong and Pikeville rips them a new one though. Go Panthers.