Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knox Central 19 Mercer County 17

Featured Replies

First ever appearance in a Regional Championship game for KC. If Rock holds on it will be in Panther Stadium!

First ever appearance in a Regional Championship game for KC. If Rock holds on it will be in Panther Stadium!

 

Wrong. Their third I do believe.

I hated to hear this outcome. From what I have heard Mercer County did a good job stopping Knox Central's strength of running the ball and Knox Central responding by passing the ball to score. In order to defeat Mercer County a team would need to be able to pass the ball well enough to score and that is what Knox Central did. I was told Mercer County had 4 trips to the red zone in the first half and came away with 10 points. I think they missed a FG early also. I figured it would be a great game and the score indicates as much.

 

Congrats on a great season. Mercer County should be strong next season as they return a lot of this year's team. Off the top of my head they'll lose Drew Davis, Braxton Bradshaw, Chase Moore and Trevor Gibson. I believe a large amount of starters on both sides of the ball will be back. I am looking forward to year 2 of Mercer County football with Coach Buchanan.

 

Excellent job, Coach!!!!!!

Edited by PurplePride92

Mercer County didn't finish their drives. They had several opportunities to do so and didn't. KC was lucky do leave Harrodsburg with a win tonight. Hats off to them.

Mercer County didn't finish their drives. They had several opportunities to do so and didn't. KC was lucky do leave Harrodsburg with a win tonight. Hats off to them.

 

That's how it was relayed to me as well.

 

Knox Central had 86 rushing yards and 176 passing yards.

 

Mercer County had 112 rushing yards and 169 passing yards.

About how I expected it to go. Both teams in it until the end. Good response by Mercer this year after such a tough start. They're in good hands going forward.

Mercer should be the team to beat next year in their region. They return a lot of players next year.

That's how it was relayed to me as well.

 

Knox Central had 86 rushing yards and 176 passing yards.

 

Mercer County had 112 rushing yards and 169 passing yards.

 

Mercer County was the better team but Knox Central made more plays. I still cannot believe Louisville Central lost to Knox Central. Absolutely blows my mind. No offense to the Panther fans!

Mercer should be the team to beat next year in their region. They return a lot of players next year.

As does Knox Central.

Mercer County was the better team but Knox Central made more plays. I still cannot believe Louisville Central lost to Knox Central. Absolutely blows my mind. No offense to the Panther fans!

 

Look, I was at the Central game and although I'm sure Central has improved since the second week of the season, on that night Knox Central was better. Central defended KC's tallest wr with a small db that cost them at least 2 tds. KC's line was better, more physical and forced several turnovers. Central was faster but not by a wide margin.

The bottom line is, Knox won that game and last nights game. They played a brutal schedule, took their lumps and learned what they could and could not do and next Friday night they'll be playing for a regional championship and at some point people are going to have to give them their due.

Look, I was at the Central game and although I'm sure Central has improved since the second week of the season, on that night Knox Central was better. Central defended KC's tallest wr with a small db that cost them at least 2 tds. KC's line was better, more physical and forced several turnovers. Central was faster but not by a wide margin.

The bottom line is, Knox won that game and last nights game. They played a brutal schedule, took their lumps and learned what they could and could not do and next Friday night they'll be playing for a regional championship and at some point people are going to have to give them their due.

 

I definitely give them credit for having a good football team. Most of the time, we want to take away the run and make someone have to throw the ball to beat us. They were able to do that. We had to do what gave our guys the best shot to win. They also made fewer mistakes.

 

I was very proud of our kids and staff Friday night. We played hard every snap and very well on most snaps against KC.

 

Thank you to PurplePride92 and the other BGPreps posters who supported our kids. I wish we were still playing, but I also know how close we were to being 0-10. I am proud of our kids and coaches for fighting it out and making a great run at the end of the season.

 

Good luck to Knox Central and Wayne County Friday night.

These Titans had a remarkable amount of fight in them. It's an awesome thing to see kids respond to leadership in such a great way.

 

Can't wait to see what the next year brings.

I would be curious to see if there is any film floating around. I was standing in the endzone during the last TD that KC scored and it looked like the Mercer DB intercepted the ball and landed in the endozone possesing the ball, then the KC receiver fell on him because he jumped after the MC pkayer then ripped the ball out while the MC guy was on the ground.

I was very proud of our kids and staff Friday night

As you should be.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.