Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Obamacare Implementation

Featured Replies

Now that we have a Republican Governor Elect, will KYNECT go away?

 

Politics aside, I had considered participating in this program because I am a contract technology worker and seldom am with any employer for more than a year. I cannot have heath care coupled with employment and the cost reductions due to group purchasing power are attractive. With Health Insurance now easily exceeding my mortgage, I would like to participate but am concerned by its political vulnerability.

Edited by Pioneer.Pride

We can only hope...

 

In reality, I expect there to be way too many hoops to jump through for it to be done away with. I don't doubt that he'll try, I just don't see it happening.

We can only hope...

 

In reality, I expect there to be way too many hoops to jump through for it to be done away with. I don't doubt that he'll try, I just don't see it happening.

 

Agreed.

If it goes away the federal exchange will be available.

It is good that the federal exchange is there to backstop KYNECT. I am much more worried about what will happen to the people on expanded Medicaid.

It is good that the federal exchange is there to backstop KYNECT. I am much more worried about what will happen to the people on expanded Medicaid.

The federal exchange has some states that have expanded medicaid so I don't think it would be an issue for them to pick that up with Kentucky.

 

 

As someone who deals with Kynect and the federal exchange on a daily basis. Kynect is a nightmare compared to Healthcare.gov.

The federal exchange has some states that have expanded medicaid so I don't think it would be an issue for them to pick that up with Kentucky.

 

 

As someone who deals with Kynect and the federal exchange on a daily basis. Kynect is a nightmare compared to Healthcare.gov.

Would coverage change much if at all between the 2?

Would coverage change much if at all between the 2?

 

It would be the exact same.

It would be the exact same.

 

So what is the benefit/upside to having the state exchanges?

All the state exchanges will see 'changes' over the next few years. For most it means folding.

 

Then when employers lobby hard enough to get out of the HC business then that will leave only one.

 

And the dream of single payer (a single entity control) will be complete.

 

Kentucky and the Breshear administration probably did as well as possible. But the math works against all of these now that the Feds not longer subsidize the exchanges.

States just can't afford these exchanges once the federal money goes away. I know we will get posters in here saying to raises taxes.

 

Which will mean their answer to fix state pensions raise taxes, to support state exchange raise taxes.

 

See a trend.

 

Anyone who thought the Clerks names were not coming off the marriage licences whether a Dem or Rep won the election was not being realistic in their thinking. Over 70% of the clerks objected to this and behind the scenes there was a huge push for this and as soon as the legislature convened it was gonna happen no matter who the Gov was.

 

Obamacare has to be paid for by someone. All the Federal subsidies has to come from somewhere. I pay for my heath insurance and myself and other tax payers will pay for those that are given free insurance by the government. There is nothing free. We are in debt trillions of dollars as a country. If we are to turn this around( and I dont know how it can be) then we have to start somewhere. Letting the Federal Government run the exchange will save Kentucky money. I live in Kentucky. Good choice no matter who is making it.

So what is the benefit/upside to having the state exchanges?

 

For the citizens? None. I'm guessing KY wanted to use the data collected and didn't want the feds telling them what to do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.