KHSAA or District to blame??

As I make the long walk to Dixie to watch the match I realize that there also is the District Volleyball finals tonight. Does anyone plan this out.

How do you host two of the biggest events on one night at one school. Sorry this is bad planning.

Knowing the KHSAA creates a schedule of when everyone host everything, do they not look at what else is going on at that school. Does the AD not look at it and try to stagger this out.

Ok, I'm not tired anymore so I'll stop. :-)

We had a similar issue last year at Dixie with Soccer district finals. The majority of the parking lot was being used by the marching band to prepare for an upcoming football game. Very frustrating.

As with the unfortunate situation with no lights at Villa----when it's your turn to host, you need to provide the facilities.

We had a similar issue last year at Dixie with Soccer district finals. The majority of the parking lot was being used by the marching band to prepare for an upcoming football game. Very frustrating.

As with the unfortunate situation with no lights at Villa----when it's your turn to host, you need to provide the facilities.

Same thing Tuesday for HHS v CCH. Why host a big event and not accommodate around it?

Kudos to Dixie for hosting regional soccer when only a few venues can even do it or better yet is even willing to do it. Probably unavoidable to host both tourneys at the same time. Instead of criticizing the situation thanks for doing your best to make it work

As I make the long walk to Dixie to watch the match I realize that there also is the District Volleyball finals tonight. Does anyone plan this out.

How do you host two of the biggest events on one night at one school. Sorry this is bad planning.

Knowing the KHSAA creates a schedule of when everyone host everything, do they not look at what else is going on at that school. Does the AD not look at it and try to stagger this out.

Ok, I'm not tired anymore so I'll stop. :-)

I'm with you. If you're hosting districts or regionals, it's only fair that you're equipped to handle any and all scenarios. Dixie is a first class facility and parking is tough for any normal big event. Someone dropped the ball here.

Do we really have someone complaining about having to walk far from their car to get in a game?

Almost a mile is a little far, don't you agree?

Kudos to Dixie for hosting regional soccer when only a few venues can even do it or better yet is even willing to do it. Probably unavoidable to host both tourneys at the same time. Instead of criticizing the situation thanks for doing your best to make it work

OK the question comment isn't a slam on Dixie being that a couple people have already commented this had happened at other sites. I watched people coming into the game well after it started and those sitting around me stated they had been looking for parking forever. I would imagine the VB crowd was the same way. Also, I've seen on one day at Dixie a baseball game and a track meet. Yet again a parking issue. They have probably one of the best facilities in NKY, but sometime you can't do everything.

I'm just saying that if you are going to hold big events like that in the same night then you need to have the parking to hold it. I'm guessing this is one reason that baseball holds regionals at Florence Freedom, no worry about parking.

The last District volleyball final I went to had about 20 people at it. Soccer doesn't draw much better. Don't blame others for your parking problems.

A mile, really? Google maps shows that a mile's distance from Dixie HS on Dixie Highway would be on the other side of I-275 past Crestview Town Center and closer to Barleycorn's. Is this where you parked? You walked down Dixie Highway from the other side of I-275??

Almost a mile is a little far, don't you agree?

Did you intend to post this in the Boys Soccer Forum?

Yes, I would agree that a mile is a little far. I have a hard time believing that this was the case, unless it was by choice.

You probably should have stopped along your journey and grabbed a Snickers.... :rolleyes:

Have any of you complaining been to an important high school football game? More people are regularly at those games than were at the two combined events last night. And the walk is at most ten minutes, but that is poor planning?

Big schools have 3 football teams, 3 boys soccer, 3 girls soccer, and 3 volleyball teams playing in the fall. No you aren't always going to have an empty parking lot 30 steps from the gate.