Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50 interesting pictures from the past

Featured Replies

...

 

Interesting picture with bid Laden and his family in Sweden. Honestly, I spent the most time on the photo of the Golden Gate Bridge construction, the Mt. Rushmore development, and the Eiffel Tower construction -- the things they accomplished in those days (1930's, 1930's, and 1880's) is RIDICULOUS!!!!

The two guys looked pretty calm considering there was a LION two feet away.

...

 

Interesting picture with bid Laden and his family in Sweden. Honestly, I spent the most time on the photo of the Golden Gate Bridge construction, the Mt. Rushmore development, and the Eiffel Tower construction -- the things they accomplished in those days (1930's, 1930's, and 1880's) is RIDICULOUS!!!!

 

I wonder how many workers died during construction?

Elvis in the army - I know a guy who was in the Army with Elvis.

 

I wasn't aware he was until , out of the blue, he started a story like this:

 

So Elvis and I went to Paris one weekend with a beauty queen and her friend....

The picture of Lou Gehrig and Sinatra was taken at Crosley Field. It's dated as the 4th game of the World Series, the day the Yankees finished their sweep of the Reds. Gehrig was already retired by then but must have sat on the bench. The "Farewell" speech was earlier that year. Lou would be dead in 2 years.

...

 

Interesting picture with bid Laden and his family in Sweden. Honestly, I spent the most time on the photo of the Golden Gate Bridge construction, the Mt. Rushmore development, and the Eiffel Tower construction -- the things they accomplished in those days (1930's, 1930's, and 1880's) is RIDICULOUS!!!!

 

We built big and built to last back then, certainly. Makes me say ,wow, a lot.

  • Author

I remember watching Ali helping talk the suicide guy down on the news. January of '81 I think.

I wonder what happened to the guy that refused to do the Nazi salute. Someone turn him in?

The picture of Lou Gehrig and Sinatra was taken at Crosley Field. It's dated as the 4th game of the World Series, the day the Yankees finished their sweep of the Reds. Gehrig was already retired by then but must have sat on the bench. The "Farewell" speech was earlier that year. Lou would be dead in 2 years.

 

An interesting aside.

 

I bought a "Buckeye League" baseball scrapbook a couple of weeks ago for 2 bucks. Almost all old clippings of box scores and such. But in front was pasted a 1938 All-Star Game ticket stub. At Crosley Field. Gehrig's final ASG appearance.

 

Sold it on eBay for $150.

The photo of the Titanic is pretty eerie.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.