Florida State 41 Louisville 21

NKYknowitall

Several times the Cards D were close to sacking Golson but he threw the ball away to get out of it. In 2 to 3 cases I expected an intentional grounding call. Since the call was never made I figured the refs didn’t call it anymore, til I saw a different game later in the day and it was called.

I’ll admit I’m a homer UofL fan and it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game…. But just curious to neutral parties (i.e. you don’t love/hate UofL or FSU LOL) did you notice this – or not?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrino commented on the lack of effort. Maybe it's time to make some personnel changes. If players aren't trying, sit them......even if it results in your team temporarily not being as good. You'll have better team in the long run.

Several times the Cards D were close to sacking Golson but he threw the ball away to get out of it. In 2 to 3 cases I expected an intentional grounding call. Since the call was never made I figured the refs didn’t call it anymore, til I saw a different game later in the day and it was called.

I’ll admit I’m a homer UofL fan and it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game…. But just curious to neutral parties (i.e. you don’t love/hate UofL or FSU LOL) did you notice this – or not?

There was a receiver within the area each time this happened. That's why the call was never made.

I never saw any intentional grounding on Golson's part. When you escape the pocket you can throw it away as long as the pass goes beyond the line of scrimmage. If he is in he pocket all he has to do is have a receiver in the area. I'm an FSU homer but I call it like I see it also. I never felt like he warranted an intentional grounding call. Smart QB play is what I saw.

There was a receiver within the area each time this happened. That's why the call was never made.

I never saw any intentional grounding on Golson's part. When you escape the pocket you can throw it away as long as the pass goes beyond the line of scrimmage. If he is in he pocket all he has to do is have a receiver in the area. I'm an FSU homer but I call it like I see it also. I never felt like he warranted an intentional grounding call. Smart QB play is what I saw.

If by “area” you mean within the stadium, I would agree.

It was one of those things that got on my nerves yesterday, compounded by a host of others. The Cards show promise for the future, but it sure is frustrating in the meantime.