Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer starts 7 on 7

Featured Replies

Mercer County started the "7 on 7" season on Monday night. There were approximately 60 to 65 players there that consisted of just quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, linebackers, and defensive backs. No linemen have even shown up yet. I hear there are about 60 to 65 linemen. This would make for the 9th through 12th grades of approximately 120 to 130 players who are showing interest in playing on this team.

 

All of the players seemed to be getting along. Looks like it was Freeman Edwards and Justin Morgan competing for the quarterback position.

 

Jaggers was very organized and the practice ran very smooth. Jaggers seems to have it all under control. Go Mercer!

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Morgan were to get the nod at QB, Edwards will be on the field somewhere. He is an excellent athlete that will make plays for The Trailblazers. (Sounds odd saying that nickname with Mercer County).

 

Also, it has to be nice to have 2 solid kids playing for the QB spot. This has to make Jaggers happy!

  • Author
If Morgan were to get the nod at QB, Edwards will be on the field somewhere. He is an excellent athlete that will make plays for The Trailblazers. (Sounds odd saying that nickname with Mercer County).

 

Also, it has to be nice to have 2 solid kids playing for the QB spot. This has to make Jaggers happy!

 

These are two good young men at the quarterback position who are friends and have accepted the challenge to fight it out to see who will be the starter. Either way, which ever one gets the starting nod, the other one will be on the field playing somewhere. Both are good athletes.

These are two good young men at the quarterback position who are friends and have accepted the challenge to fight it out to see who will be the starter. Either way, which ever one gets the starting nod, the other one will be on the field playing somewhere. Both are good athletes.

 

:thumb:

Any word on how the passing camp went at Danville yesterday with Mercer?

  • Author
Any word on how the passing camp went at Danville yesterday with Mercer?

 

 

Wasn't really much of a passing camp. They just alternated every other play on offense with every quarterback (Freshmen through Seniors). Seemed to be just a "get used to each other" kind of thing.

Frankfort has games tomorrow...I think.

I think the players will be fine with the merger. The best thing that could happen would be for these kids to have a great season (and deep playoff run) TOGETHER. I think it would do more to pull the community together than about anything. Merging the athletics before merging the student bodies may turn out to be the best thing.

Any word on how the passing camp went at Danville yesterday with Mercer?

 

 

 

They did great agaist danville. Justin Morgan, and Freeman Edwards were looking great. and Chase Wooford is looking as if he has a great set of hands.

Looks like Mercer will have the talent to do more than just 3 yards and a cloud of dust on offense. I wonder if they will try to diversify the offense a bit to utilize all the skill players.

Not that last year's offense wasn't effective. I read my post back and realized how it sounded. Last year was a very productive year... But this year, we have a number of weapons added into the mix. Everybody knows that Walker, Ford, and Jackson can play. But I also think that Wofford, Masterson, Edwards, Morgan, and Lewis can be major contributors (and probably others that I either dont' know or am just not thinking of). I'm just wondering how we best utilize all the talents of those potential contributors. There's only one football.

 

It's a good problem to have though! Go Scotties... or Trailblazers ... or Titans... or whatever we are!

Not that last year's offense wasn't effective. I read my post back and realized how it sounded. Last year was a very productive year... But this year, we have a number of weapons added into the mix. Everybody knows that Walker, Ford, and Jackson can play. But I also think that Wofford, Masterson, Edwards, Morgan, and Lewis can be major contributors (and probably others that I either dont' know or am just not thinking of). I'm just wondering how we best utilize all the talents of those potential contributors. There's only one football.

 

It's a good problem to have though! Go Scotties... or Trailblazers ... or Titans... or whatever we are!

 

You were right. Last year's Mercer offense was 3 yards and a cloud of dust. They had weapons and a HUGE offensive line so that was the game plan they went with and it worked very well for them. Now add more weapons into the mix and this could be a very dangerous team. It looks like I will get to see them in the 2nd week against South Laurel in the Ft Harrod bowl. I am looking forward to that!!! :thumb:

How did Mercer do in the 7 on 7 at Woodford Co.? I think they could be state champions, with all those players and Coach Jaggers.:ylsuper:

How did Mercer do in the 7 on 7 at Woodford Co.? I think they could be state champions, with all those players and Coach Jaggers.:ylsuper:

 

U stole my name:madman:

I think they could be state champions, with all those players and Coach Jaggers.:ylsuper:
I hope the Mercer Trailblazer faithful aren't setting themselves up for a big let down. Mercer Co. lost some very good players from '05 and for '06 you are adding a few skill players from Harrodsburg that won only 3 games against 2-8 Owen Co., 3-8 Trimble Co., and 3-7 Carroll Co. Goodluck to the Trailblazers, but i'll reserve judgement till about week 5 to determine if Mercer is a "state championship" calibar team to deal with the likes of Russell, Newport, Lloyd, and Belfry in order to get to the state championship game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.