Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeSales @ CAL predictions

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What is up with this weather? Sunny and 80s EVERY DAY until Friday!

 

If it happens this week will be the 3rd week in a row!

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Colt & CAL fans, I know both these teams are very good football teams, but really little else. How did these 2 become rivals? Always in a district together?

I since some bad blood; is that just a bad assumption on my part or just good hard nosed rivals? Thanks!

Question for Colt & CAL fans, I know both these teams are very good football teams, but really little else. How did these 2 become rivals? Always in a district together?

I since some bad blood; is that just a bad assumption on my part or just good hard nosed rivals? Thanks!

 

The two became rivals because they were put in a district together and they are among the best year in and year out. I wouldn't call it bad blood; I think it is more of the respect these two schools have for each other.

I disagree, there is BAD BLOOD. About three years ago we had one of our players receive a cheap shot that broke his collarbone. He played the rest of the playoffs with a broken collarbone. That still has not been forgotten. So both teams respect each other, but last year did not settle the rivalry down any. Coach Vic Anderson was classless and talked more trash than all players for both teams combined. It was more than trash talk, it crossed the line. Some people talk the talk, but don't walk the walk! With all this being said, CAL is well coached and VERY GOOD.

Question for Colt & CAL fans, I know both these teams are very good football teams, but really little else. How did these 2 become rivals? Always in a district together?

I since some bad blood; is that just a bad assumption on my part or just good hard nosed rivals? Thanks!

 

I agree that it is a good, hard nosed rivalry between two teams that have been really good for the past few years. The only bad blood was caused by Victor Anderson. He made their program look bad by talking trash to our players as they beat us during the regular season. He made them look REALLY bad when he walked off the field and refused to shake hands when we beat them in the playoffs. I am glad to see he is gone, and frankly I hope he was dismissed. His antics were not seen and heard only by the players. Adults saw and witnessed this as well. Quite honestly, it was unbelievable.

Two solid teams, well coached, district standings on the line, with enough recent history to spice it up...doesn't get any better! I give the Colts a slight edge for finding ways to prevail over all but one opponent, but you could argue CAL has a slightly tougher schedule. LeFors wouldn't have given the nod to Carr if he wasn't something special so the Colts better mind the CAL air attack.

 

This is one of those games that will probably pivot on a few key plays then reward the team that plays within themselves and blocks out the rivalry hype with victory. Should be a good one!

Question for Colt & CAL fans, I know both these teams are very good football teams, but really little else. How did these 2 become rivals? Always in a district together?

I since some bad blood; is that just a bad assumption on my part or just good hard nosed rivals? Thanks!

Its more of just being a hard nosed rivalry. There's been a few instances in the past and the games tend to get chippy but I think it's safe to say both programs respect each other

The weather prospects are getting better. The rain should come in late Thursday and be out of the Louisville area by noon on Friday. At least the last time I check at 6pm today (10/6).....As for the rivalry, CAL is well coached and will be gunning for us. Other than the Anderson situation, most of the games these past few years have been mostly clean and hard hitting. He who controls the line of scrimmage should win. Hope Austin Johnson is back at QB and healthy too. Also I hope CAL has added more seats for the visiting side cause the Colt faithful will be out there in large numbers again.

The weather prospects are getting better. The rain should come in late Thursday and be out of the Louisville area by noon on Friday. At least the last time I check at 6pm today (10/6).....As for the rivalry, CAL is well coached and will be gunning for us. Other than the Anderson situation, most of the games these past few years have been mostly clean and hard hitting. He who controls the line of scrimmage should win. Hope Austin Johnson is back at QB and healthy too. Also I hope CAL has added more seats for the visiting side cause the Colt faithful will be out there in large numbers again.

 

Nope still the same old visiting bleachers...haha

  • Author

Lots and lots of bad blood. The trash talk that goes on on social media gets out of hand, the older crowd does not see this. The schools respect each other but there is a definite hatred that also exist, at least among the student populations.

Nope still the same old visiting bleachers...haha

 

 

Well, that just means we will have to line up around the track and fill half of their bleachers as well, like we did last time. :-)

Well said DeSales Dad.....we packed their house every time we played them there. In fact (after giving my seat to lady) I stood along the track and then sat on their side during the second half of last years playoff game. Looking across the field I could see we had huge crowd we had there, packing all the bleachers. Also, the track had fans stretched from end zone to end zone. Sorry I didn't realized that this rivalry had a bit of a 'dark side'. Hope this year game is clean and safe..... Go Colts !

Anyone care to elaborate on keys to the game? I say it's the Colt Offense vs. CAL defense. CAL won't score much.

Great insights but it is funny to me that you would say it is colt offense against cal defense when CAL with arguably the tougher schedule is averaging 34 points a game and Desales is averaging 32 points game, but I realize that is your take. I think the team that makes the less mistakes get the win but should be fun. Also funny that we say it is bad blood and we have Desales parents/fans sitting on CAL side, doesn't sound hostile to me.

Saying that my son is a freshman football player at CAL and has several friends that go to Desales, some of which play football. He is excited for the game atmosphere and being a part of it. I think as parents/fans we make it bad blood when at the end of the day it is just high school football and a sport our sons love to play. I would be glad to get together with any of the colt fans on game day and buy you some refreshments and enjoy the game.

Great insights but it is funny to me that you would say it is colt offense against cal defense when CAL with arguably the tougher schedule is averaging 34 points a game and Desales is averaging 32 points game, but I realize that is your take. I think the team that makes the less mistakes get the win but should be fun. Also funny that we say it is bad blood and we have Desales parents/fans sitting on CAL side, doesn't sound hostile to me.

Saying that my son is a freshman football player at CAL and has several friends that go to Desales, some of which play football. He is excited for the game atmosphere and being a part of it. I think as parents/fans we make it bad blood when at the end of the day it is just high school football and a sport our sons love to play. I would be glad to get together with any of the colt fans on game day and buy you some refreshments and enjoy the game.

 

I agree completely. Anytime there is a rivalry between good teams, heated competition is going to be misconstrued for "bad blood." Are there individuals who feel that way? Absolutely. But I have seen and played in rivalries that were MUCH more "hostile" than this one. Good luck to your son Friday night, and may it be a competitive and injury free game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.