Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeSales @ CAL predictions

Who wins? 53 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Anyone care to elaborate on keys to the game? I say it's the Colt Offense vs. CAL defense. CAL won't score much.

 

I think there are two keys. First, I agree, is the Colt offense. Was the goose egg in the Fern Creek game related more to a missing RB and an injured QB, or was it the only time the Colts have faced a quality defense? I think we will find out Friday. Second, any competitive game can be turned in one team's favor by turnovers. Both of these teams are disciplined and well coached, but if the turnover battle favors one team, that team is probably the winner.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, turnovers, winning the war in the trenches. all will play apart in who wins... Carr15, your boy must be one heck of a player and I can't wait to see him play. To be a freshman and play against the quality competition that CAL has played, wow. You guys have a nice stadium too.

Can't wait till the DeSales stadium is built !

  • Author
Great insights but it is funny to me that you would say it is colt offense against cal defense when CAL with arguably the tougher schedule is averaging 34 points a game and Desales is averaging 32 points game, but I realize that is your take. I think the team that makes the less mistakes get the win but should be fun. Also funny that we say it is bad blood and we have Desales parents/fans sitting on CAL side, doesn't sound hostile to me.

Saying that my son is a freshman football player at CAL and has several friends that go to Desales, some of which play football. He is excited for the game atmosphere and being a part of it. I think as parents/fans we make it bad blood when at the end of the day it is just high school football and a sport our sons love to play. I would be glad to get together with any of the colt fans on game day and buy you some refreshments and enjoy the game.

The bad blood exists between the schools students populations/players. You know what it's like to be in high school and have a rival. I respect CAL more so than any other program.

Snack bar isn't bad either....had a cheese burger last time there....delicious. Good luck to ya'll

Rivalries are great, but we must keep them respectful... specially between two faith base schools.

Agree with all....this is a GREAT rivalry, and it's not at the expense of sportsmanship.

Good take Carr15, I just have a few differing takes on the big game. I think it is the CAL offense versus the DeSales defense. The bad blood comment is not parents, but some students at both schools. The social media postings are brutal and in some cases hateful. The reason the DeSales fans sit on your side is because our visitor bleachers section is way to small. I would love to have an adult beverage with you.

Great posts!! @bigshow no adult beverage as I am one of those non drinking baptist but I would buy you one and have a soda with you. You have many valid points. @Coltcity I really appreciate the kind words about Austin but coach Stefan puts him in situations and throws to be successful, along with some of the best receivers I have seen..hope they play basketball too!! I along with the group can't wait till Desales field is complete, will add to the fun of the next four years. CAL plays a lot of underclassmen and they are getting better each game..not sure if they are to the point of Desales this year but I know they won't give up or in to the challenge.

Looking like rain becoming less of a factor....

Here's my scouting report - DeSales has the advantage in size and experience, and the defense is really strong. However, the offense isn't nearly as explosive as in past years and will have to grind it out. The Colts' O-Line goes 285, 250, 235, 310 & 320 vs the Centurion D-Line at 165, 220, 225 & 230. Barring a distinct turnover advantage for one of the teams, I see DeSales' size wearing the Centurions down during the course of the game, leading them to a 17-7 victory.

Looking like rain becoming less of a factor....

 

Yesterday morning I saw a forecast that had eliminated nearly all chances of rain. This morning I heard it is now supposed to rain most of the day and into the evening.

Best of luck to both teams tonight. Looking forward to the updates. Hope for another classic battle.

 

Looking forward to the Frosh game tomorrow against the Rocks. Had the pleasure of coaching guys on both teams. Can't wait to see them in action.

 

Have fun tonight Colt and CAL fans! Enjoy!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.